• Latest posts...

1. 45

Reasons of change

2. 45

Reasons of change

3. 45

Reasons of change

4. 93

Why Are You Even Here? The Surprising Attitudes of Some Expats in Thailand

5. 112

Thai Police Bust Multi-Million Baht Sex Toy Smuggling Ring

6. 45

Reasons of change

7. 45

Reasons of change

8. 6

Thai woman sends husband to prison for raping 13 year old niece

9. 45

Reasons of change

10. 10

Why Doesnt "Me Too" Apply to Democrats?

11. 123

Why Do You Even Drink?

12. 93

Why Are You Even Here? The Surprising Attitudes of Some Expats in Thailand

Water Tank

kyrgyzdoc

I am relatively new to Chiang Mai and only recently looked into our home's water tank. I was shocked to see how filthy it was inside... algae, sediment, etc. Ugh, can't believe I have been taking showers with this water. Does anyone know any services in Chiang Mai that cleans out water tanks? I would hate to have to do it myself...

Edited by kyrgyzdoc

I ....only recently looked into our home's water tank. I was shocked to see how filthy it was inside... . Does anyone know any services in Chiang Mai that cleans out water tanks? I would hate to have to do it myself...

Since you have home, you live around people. Ask them if they know a local laborer that might do that for you. You should be able to get some one for 200-300 baht.

Forgive me for offering up the obvious, but ......I assume you have a drain and can live without it for a day or so. A hose, long handled brushes should do the trick. If the opening is large enough (mine is), someone could go inside. If you can still get water in the house without it, consider maybe spraying it with bleach (from the outside after cleaning), letting it sit a day or so to really dry out, and then flushing.

Aside: you would get pretty much the same effect in the US if the water went into a tank before entering the house. Remember the auto ice makers in refrigerators all have filters that you are supposed to change periodically?

In the "Ask Andy" (DIY) column of Pattaya Today, Oct. 16 issue, a reader asked a similar question. Andy suggested contacting your local HomePro store or a commercial tank cleaning company. Lacking that, he said why not hire a gardener or handyman to do the job? It's simply a matter of climbing into the empty tank, brushing down the walls, and giving it a thorough rinse with a strong hose. Handy Andy advised doing that about every three months.

Edited by PaulDee

That reminds me, I recently went to the States where I had a fridge that seemed to magically produce ice out of thin air. I thought that was amazing. I may have been in Thailand too long, where ice shows up in the back of a truck.

Making ice in a fridge magically... What will they thank of next? :)

Buy drinking water and use for cooking and drinking the other use only for shower and washing clothes.

I have a rather huge Tank 4000 liters and its of concrete and the inside is coated with tar and i clean it once a year with only a brush