True Internet

Spoonman

Have had a True 8mb connection installed to replace my CAT 2mb connection, True have been bunch of numpties to deal with though.

I had a "non standard" install requirement, i wanted a new cable run into my new office (converted second bedroom) old mate Somchai the installer came a day early and installed into the existing point in the lounge room and so far to date refuses to come back and install into the point as outlined when i signed the paperwork, had a new guy coming today but he appears to stay at home if its raining SIGH.

Anywho, am happy with the speeds, can drop a movie in 12 minutes so all is good, hopefully the uptimes are somewhere on par with CAT as im liking the 800b per month cheaper price tag......

Am suprised at the offshore speeds.

600161804.png

600164667.png

600165350.png

600165889.png

Have had a True 8mb connection installed to replace my CAT 2mb connection, True have been bunch of numpties to deal with though.

I had a "non standard" install requirement, i wanted a new cable run into my new office (converted second bedroom) old mate Somchai the installer came a day early and installed into the existing point in the lounge room and so far to date refuses to come back and install into the point as outlined when i signed the paperwork, had a new guy coming today but he appears to stay at home if its raining SIGH.

Anywho, am happy with the speeds, can drop a movie in 12 minutes so all is good, hopefully the uptimes are somewhere on par with CAT as im liking the 800b per month cheaper price tag......

Am suprised at the offshore speeds.

600161804.png

600164667.png

600165350.png

600165889.png

I just had this installed in Pattaya and the speed is almost to good to be true hoping the bubble does not burst

post-21828-1256274815_thumb.png

I was going to try True, but TOT are now offering 12mb for 1,500 Baht. How does that compair price wise?

My 8mb is 1199B a month.

True will have 12mb and 16mb available soon, i think the 16mb was 2100B so 12mb from ToT for 1500B is not too bad, i personally would not get ToT as ive read way too many horror stories concerning their bandwidth issues.

I was with CAT, they were superb, im hoping True are somewhere on par, if they are not my CAT connection is still current for the free 13month, if true are hopeless i'll just keep the CAT going.

Are you able to download movies from newgroups, ie usenet, using True? I have the 8 mb service but its really throttled.

Several reports of users downloading from news groups. Multiple connections always seem to get speeds in excess of the 8Mb stated!

Are you able to download movies from newgroups, ie usenet, using True? I have the 8 mb service but its really throttled.

I dont use newsgroups,I use Rapidshare and if i have my download manager set to drop one .RAR file at a time it comes it a 1.5mb/s.

I would imagine newgroups would be the same, i have a mate who only uses private torrents, he is always having issues.

I was going to try True, but TOT are now offering 12mb for 1,500 Baht. How does that compair price wise?

My 8mb is 1199B a month.

True will have 12mb and 16mb available soon, i think the 16mb was 2100B so 12mb from ToT for 1500B is not too bad, i personally would not get ToT as ive read way too many horror stories concerning their bandwidth issues.

I was with CAT, they were superb, im hoping True are somewhere on par, if they are not my CAT connection is still current for the free 13month, if true are hopeless i'll just keep the CAT going.

16Mb is 2,200 baht for the basic package, 2,400 baht for the premium package (higher upload). If thew upload sucks, I don't really mind. Who uploads big files nowadays?

I have a 2Mb TOT, which I am very satisfied with .. .but this new True offer is tempting. Maybe I'll have just 2 connections ... :)

Edited by sniffdog

They installed a line just in front of my place on Saturday and gave me a flyer....I am VERY tempted to try it out since they cannot be worse than the TT&T and TOT nincompoops. Still...at the moment they do not have many subscribers, that might well explain the fast internet speed you experience.

For me interesting would be there True Move stuff...GPRS and WiFi hotspots all over the place. Anyone has experience with it?