Cheap Accommodation In Kuala Lumpur

RandyWhite

Anyone know of any real cheap accommodation in Kuala Lumpur with convenient access to the Royal Thai Embassy?

I expect to be there for two nights on a visa run next month and I haven't been there for 20 years or so.

Also, can anyone confirm that it's still the old 'apply in the morning and get it back the next day in the afternoon' routine down there?

Any good tips would be much appreciated.

RAW.

Edited by RandyWhite

Chinataown have several hotels at 800 baht. From Chinatown take the train to Ampang Park (10 minutes at 20 baht) and its like 1000 meters walk to the Embassy.

Also check Tunehotel.com, prices differ much pending on date.

Application in the morning and pickup next afternoon. Be aware of closed during thai and malay holidays

Another cheap area for hotels is an area of town bounded by Jalan Sultan Ismail, Jalan Bukit Bintang and Jalan Pudu. A lot of hotels there used by Chinese tourists that are comfortable without being too dingy. I can't give you any street names as I've lost my map to KL (loaned it out never to see again) but the one that sticks in my mind is Changat Bukit Bintang. From that area the nearest LRT station is probably Masjid Jamek, a bit more of a hike than Pasarseni is from Chinatown (as katabeachbum suggests) but the area is a bit more central with more to do with your spare tiem (close to Low Yat plaza if you want electronic goods).

Anyone know of any real cheap accommodation in Kuala Lumpur with convenient access to the Royal Thai Embassy?

I expect to be there for two nights on a visa run next month and I haven't been there for 20 years or so.

Also, can anyone confirm that it's still the old 'apply in the morning and get it back the next day in the afternoon' routine down there?

Any good tips would be much appreciated.

RAW.

AirAsia has a hotel booking service including their own hotel, which is cheap and easy access from the LCCT by the airport bus. Note that the airport is about 45 min ride from the town center. Airport bus costs 8-9 MYR, taxi about 60 MYR. Taxis in town are good and reasonable price.