Going North - Laos And Burmese Borders

Sherlocke

A friend and I are planning a road trip around the North Thailand and the Loas/Burmese borders starting mid November

we were wondering if we could make our trip useful.

The that end does anyone know of any orgaisations there that could do with any help at all maybe with transportation or delivery of goods - e.g. medical/educational supplies, books toys etc.

We have only a 4-dr pick up but are willing to avail our services of there is a need.

A friend and I are planning a road trip around the North Thailand and the Loas/Burmese borders starting mid November

we were wondering if we could make our trip useful.

The that end does anyone know of any orgaisations there that could do with any help at all maybe with transportation or delivery of goods - e.g. medical/educational supplies, books toys etc.

We have only a 4-dr pick up but are willing to avail our services of there is a need.

Where are you starting from?

November is the start of the cold season up there in the high country along the Borders - many organisations require warm clothing and bedding and goods are sent from Central areas such as Bangkok., where it doesn't get to such low temps.

Phone calls to most churches can let you know what charities and help is requested in the area. There are many non-profit organizations also willing to accept volunteers; free Burma rangers, distribute mossquito netting to rural areas, Chiang Mai toy ride are just a few that come to mind before my first cuppa coffee.

There many choices but it's best for you to decide what you'd like to do, or what you think would make a difference.