One-day Overstay Just Before A Visa Run

Hello all from a noob of the forum :D

I'm sorry if this was already discussed, but searching on the forum I've find only info related to overstay before leaving the Kingdom by plane...

The problem is: Tomorrow (26) my visa expire. Because of some trouble - was sick for a couple of days - I had to delay my Visa run on Laos.

The visa was already extended at immigration with the +30 days powerup bonus, tomorrow I will go to bangkok, but will take me at least untill the 27 for effective go to the Udon Thani borders (As I will go with train from BKK).

Now, I know about the 500-bath fee for each overstay day, also that for just one day should be no problem... but on the forum I've find only experiences from people that after overstay (few days or some months) go to airport, so, what about leaving via a land border?

There is the possibility to pay the overstay bid there too, or I have to be scary to go to the friendly bridge and meet some unfriendly welcome :) ?

Thanks to all who will can help, (also sorry for my crap english too)

Hello all from a noob of the forum :D

I'm sorry if this was already discussed, but searching on the forum I've find only info related to overstay before leaving the Kingdom by plane...

The problem is: Tomorrow (26) my visa expire. Because of some trouble - was sick for a couple of days - I had to delay my Visa run on Laos.

The visa was already extended at immigration with the +30 days powerup bonus, tomorrow I will go to bangkok, but will take me at least untill the 27 for effective go to the Udon Thani borders (As I will go with train from BKK).

Now, I know about the 500-bath fee for each overstay day, also that for just one day should be no problem... but on the forum I've find only experiences from people that after overstay (few days or some months) go to airport, so, what about leaving via a land border?

There is the possibility to pay the overstay bid there too, or I have to be scary to go to the friendly bridge and meet some unfriendly welcome :) ?

Thanks to all who will can help, (also sorry for my crap english too)

You can pay the overstay directly at the border. When you get to the immigration agent before he says anything say excuse me sir, I am on an unfortunate 2 day overstay due to illness, he will point to the person you need to see, they will sit down with you and write a receipt for the overstay when you pay. Then you are free to go on your way. This small an overstay is not a big deal. But IN MY OPINION, how you dress and present yourself is how they will behave with your situation. Doesn't hurt to shave and look presentable like a rich tourist and not a scumbag.

Not a big deal at all.

You can pay the overstay directly at the border. When you get to the immigration agent before he says anything say excuse me sir, I am on an unfortunate 2 day overstay due to illness, he will point to the person you need to see, they will sit down with you and write a receipt for the overstay when you pay.

Well, this is a good news, thanks, I was scary have no options at all for overstay from land borders...

But IN MY OPINION, how you dress and present yourself is how they will behave with your situation. Doesn't hurt to shave and look presentable like a rich tourist and not a scumbag.

Not a big deal at all.

I will try the best, even a ten-hours-train-trip surely will not help>.<

(TBH my big problems are mustaches and dark hairs leaving people *always* mistaking me from Iran/Iraq - last time at immigration the lady officer start speaking in thai with an angry mood, changed in an embaracced smile when my girlfriend say I don't understand and after see my Italian Passport -.-)

While I'm here, don't want to open a new topic for this: anyone know exactly how many hours via train from BKK to Udon Thani, or have a link where I can check the trains Timetable? Also - it's first time I'll take trains here, the first viasarun in Loa was with plane - are thai trains so terrible as people say (well, hard to be worst than italian ones, but all can be)?

Edited by Zerothai

Today the Udon train hit a pickup and killed 7 people - that seems to have be the pickup fault but trains do not seem to be getting any safer and there is currently discussion of using substandard repair parts (when repairs are actually made). It is cheap to fly Bangkok/Udon. Believe train is about 13 hours (or more) - very slow trip.

Google SRT Thailand for schedules.

http://www.railway.co.th/english/index.asp

Edited by lopburi3