Lousy Neighbour

bedbugy

i have this next door neighbour who is ab normal and a bit of a dolt

each evening between 6/7 he burns coconut husk around his shack this is an annoying smell that lingers for hours we have tried talking to him but he still contiues is vile habit

what i'd like to know is there a body that can enforce him to stop or can i take it up with the munisipality

each evening between 6/7 he burns coconut husk around his shack this is an annoying smell that lingers for hours we have tried talking to him but he still contiues is vile habit

what i'd like to know is there a body that can enforce him to stop or can i take it up with the munisipality

part and parcel of living in thailand :) i know your post is a serious one,but its not like back home.here they've been doing the things that annoy you for centuries,do you honestly expect them to say"sorry" i wont do it again.

Post 4 and 5 win this weeks prize for understanding, informative, and polite replies. I can imagine that if the op would have asked the fellow burning the husks he may have learned something and even possibly found someone a tad more clever than he thought.

Post 4 and 5 win this weeks prize for understanding, informative, and polite replies. I can imagine that if the op would have asked the fellow burning the husks he may have learned something and even possibly found someone a tad more clever than he thought.

LOL I think you have piped us at the post for the weekly prize.

Perhaps the guy could get a tad more civilised and come into the present day , like put mosquito screens on his windows , beats destroying his and his neighbours lungs , goes for all the daily garbage burners also .

Ahh but if he did that, then those posts lamenting air quality wouldn't make their annual appearance as people start choking on air particulate and complaining about air quality. :) There are better ways to discourage mosquitos. You know, stuff like removing the stagnant water collection points from the yards.

Where do you live? I'm looking for a place for my cousin to start up his slaughter house biz. We absolutely don't plan on burning anything. As for the smell... well, surely your up to international specifications house will keep that out.

:)

What type of settlement is your home in?, village , city? Is your land a small plot? 'an ounce of prevention' as they say. Do you really want suggestions or are you just complaining? No disrespect intended.

Buy a mosquito net for your neighbors sleeping area and suggest that he stop his ritual of burning coconut husk. If you pay him you will just open pandora's box. :)

Perhaps the guy could get a tad more civilised and come into the present day , like put mosquito screens on his windows , beats destroying his and his neighbours lungs , goes for all the daily garbage burners also .

Ahh but if he did that, then those posts lamenting air quality wouldn't make their annual appearance as people start choking on air particulate and complaining about air quality. :) There are better ways to discourage mosquitos. You know, stuff like removing the stagnant water collection points from the yards.

This is Thailand Thais do what Thais have done for Years , Everything that has been Suggested costs money , Coconut husks are free and its a proven method,

This is Thailand Thais do what Thais have done for Years , Everything that has been Suggested costs money , Coconut husks are free and its a proven method,

I agree, in the villages they do things the same as they would have done 50 years ago and if you go there in 50 years time they will still be doing the things the same way, Ive spent many days in my wifes families village and it didn't take me long to work out that they don't like change, its very hard to teach or show them a different way to do something. My wife will not tell her mother anything, because she is her mother and also because its an older person. Last year I noticed all the vegetables / herbs and chillies were kept in on the floor where I regularly see rats running around at night, there was open bags of chillies with lots of mouldy ones, the fridge was empty apart from some bottles of water, I asked my wife why her mum doesn't keep the food in the fridge, as we do in the UK, her response " because she doesn't" I tell her to tell her mum, she say she can not. How will the villages ever develop if the children can't tell there parents a better way of doing something. My wife has lived in the UK for 6 years now and has learnt alot and speaks perfect English but she will not teach or tell her parents anything.

If there are multiple problems of neighbours burning things which in one form or another annoy you - the obvious investment to make would be in a hose pipe....

and what do you think thais would do if you used your hosepipe??

perhaps you'd like to try the experiment and let us know what they did in retribution.

the only way is to talk to them and get the neighbours on your side and they may have a word

Better than living in shoe I suppose...

...we dreamed of living in a shoe, there was sixteen of us sharing a hole in the road, nothing to eat but cold gravel...

Cold gravel! COLD GRAVEL! Bloody luxury! My mum used to stick her fingers down her throat and vomit to give us a hot meal during winter.

My dad gave me an empty shoebox for Christmas and told me it was an Action Man deserter.

etc. etc.