Buying A Nouvo Elegance 135 Cc Locally

GungaDin

My local dealer is only 3 kms away, so it makes sense to buy local for service etc.,

BUT, the dealer, a Thai lady, has never registered a new bike for a foreigner.

This begs the question, what happens to my 56,000bt if she is refused rego in my name

at the local Nakhon Pathom rego office..

How can I get my money back the same day if I pay her in cash?

Does she have to be in possession of the cash before going to the local rego office?

The alternative is to go to Helmut's dealer in BKK and do the deal thru them... (an 80 km round trip!)

If I do that, what are the chances of the local dealer refusing to do normal service for me?

What would you experienced guys do?

Thanks for any replies. :)

Edited by GungaDin

Well as soon you pay the money you will/should get a receipt for the money paid/bike type, including frame no on bike.

Will you get the bike the same day you pay, we got ours 1/2 hour after paying, driving on a red plate until transfer was complete (app 2 weeks I think).

Does the shop looks reputable? Many customers/clean.

You should be able to get a class A insurance which will pay 80% of the bikes value the first year and 60% second year. I got that at the shop, about 2500 bath (I think).

Good luck the the purchase.

I was assured by Khun Samart at Yamaha Square in BKK that any warranty or service work would be performed at any Yamaha dealer in Thailand, and if there was any problem, to contact Yamaha Square and they would sort it out. He said he'd never had a problem with this.

TYM Marketing Co., Ltd. (i.e. Yamaha Square)

1/1 Pahalyotin Soi 31 Ladyao Jatujak

Bangkok 10900

Phone: 02-930-3811

They also organized the complete registration for me.

I would get the telephone number of Helmuts dealer, give that to the lady in the shop and ask her to ring them for transfer info. Job done.

Done that, Allan, problem could be with the paper shuffler at the rego office. :D Who has never reg'd a bike for a foreigner.

They have a mental blockage, if it hasn't been done b4, it can't be done, (at their office.)

It's like the shop assistant who says "mai mee", when they can't be bothered to check the stock in the back room.

Maybe I should offer her some tea money to take with her? :)

if she is going to the place i think then they handle farang rego's and Driving licenses for sure cos a few mates of mine have been there. I wouldnt worry and just go ahead. It will get sorted ok. They are just lazy. When i rego'd the bike into my name i went to a transport office that didnt do that many Farang but no problem. as long as you have the proof of address and the copies of your licence as we discussed.

I was assured by Khun Samart at Yamaha Square in BKK that any warranty or service work would be performed at any Yamaha dealer in Thailand, and if there was any problem, to contact Yamaha Square and they would sort it out. He said he'd never had a problem with this.

TYM Marketing Co., Ltd. (i.e. Yamaha Square)

1/1 Pahalyotin Soi 31 Ladyao Jatujak

Bangkok 10900

Phone: 02-930-3811

They also organized the complete registration for me.

Thanks jusme,

I'm heading for the shop after I go to the BOI bldg this arvo, for a bo-peep at their stock.... of bikes and Helmuts... oops, helmets. :)