Iphone 3g I Have A Challenge

benchmark

Hi,

I have a Iphone 3G 16GB. I would like to know how to sms a phone number from the contacts list? I had a Nokia before and when you are typing a sms you can directly insert a number from the contact list. This is up to now not possible with the 3G for me. I know that it's possible to send a business card via MMS but most people don't have MMS facility. Your comments are appreciated.

Edited by benchmark

open the contacts app. Open the contact that u want and press and hold the phone number until you see Copy.

Open messsages press and hold where u want the the number pasted until u see Paste.

Thanks a lot, that explains it. You are a life saver, I need this function frequently. By the way how do you compare a iphone 3G and a Nokia N97?

Have a look at BeamMe in the Apple app store. The free version will send your iPhone contact card using MMS, Bluetooth, or email.

Also, if your new contact is with you and you both have iPhones, check out Bump. If both of you have it installed, all you have to do is bump your iPhones together and your contact information is exchanged.

Hi

I also have a 3G , and when I open any contact, there is a "message" button at the bottom left of the contact file sheet , if I press this, the phone directly proposes a menu, sms or mail if the address is the in the contact file ...

Phil

Hi

I also have a 3G , and when I open any contact, there is a "message" button at the bottom left of the contact file sheet , if I press this, the phone directly proposes a menu, sms or mail if the address is the in the contact file ...

Phil

Hi

I have the same, cant understand if benchmark dont have it,,, or did not see it

Hi

Phil

Hi

I have the same, cant understand if benchmark dont have it,,, or did not see it

Actually, the button you will see in the share contact option is for MMS, not SMS. If you do not have MMS enabled on your iPhone, you will not see the button to MMS your contact information.

• 4 weeks later...

thanks for this info, I had forgotten that again.

There's a "share contact" button in contacts, but oddly it doesn't have an SMS option. Email only. I guess I don't have MMS enabled. But even if I did, I wouldn't want to send an MMS for a contact. SMS is much cheaper, and it's going to work even if the receiving end is a 1000 baht Nokia.

Copy works of course, but this is yet another thing that works worse on the iPhone than on a basic Nokia. And for apparently no reason.

Edited by nikster