5baht/hr International Phone Calls From Thailand?

Thaiboxer1

[

What do you mean by skype frequency? How to set up?

To the topic poster, there was the 5 baht/min promotional rate offered thru Hatari-CAT phone card about six month ago....It's quite likely that the promotion is still on since there will soon be more competitors as the market opens up.

quote=Khun Jean,2005-04-02 01:38:49]

I use skype frequently and pay about 60 baht an hour calling to the Netherlands.

Even cheaper than 5bt a minute and sofar the quality was good to very good.

I use skype frequently and pay about 60 baht an hour calling to the Netherlands.

Wow, I just checked skype site, that is a good price...does this mean I can use my land line telephone or my mobile to call international and get the skype rate?

it would only b 2 Us cents/min for me..

does my mobile phone or land line still get charged at the normal thai rates/min? If so, it'd be even more expensive.

I call UK using my mobile.  Dial 009 as the prefix to get international line, rather than 001.  Rate is about 7baht per minute.  That's using one2call prepaid card as well.

I'm using a DTAC/Happy prepaid SIM. Can I use 009 with DTAC, and if so where can I check out the call charges? Hopefully you can direct me to a web site.

Thanks!

I call UK using my mobile.  Dial 009 as the prefix to get international line, rather than 001.  Rate is about 7baht per minute.  That's using one2call prepaid card as well.

I'm using a DTAC/Happy prepaid SIM. Can I use 009 with DTAC, and if so where can I check out the call charges? Hopefully you can direct me to a web site.

Thanks!

I would think you can. The offer is from CAT, not the mobile company. Best to try it out on a short call, checking your balance before & after.

Thanks!

I also use DTAC prepaid SIM and use 009 to call Canada.

Charge is 7 baht/min.

Same charge when I use my house phone TT&T and dial 009.

True.............but don't use it to other countries in Europe. I did and it costs a fortune. Only UK is cheap.

[

To the topic poster, there was the 5 baht/min promotional rate offered thru Hatari-CAT phone card about six month ago....It's quite likely that the promotion is still on since there will soon be more competitors as the market opens up.

I just registered as a Skype user here in Southeren Califiornia.

I could not purchase minutes, it's not free as advertized and I'm not clear wether or not you can call to any one or just other PC useres with accounts... :o

True.............but don't use it to other countries in Europe. I did and it costs a fortune. Only UK is cheap.

Wrong! It works for France and many others european countries, almost all.

[

I could not purchase minutes, it's not free as advertized and I'm not clear wether or not you can call to any one or just other PC useres with accounts... :o

FREE WHEN CALL FROM COMPUTER TO COMPUTER.

YOU MUST PAY TO CALL FROM COMPUTER TO ANY 'NORMAL' TELEPHONE NUMBER (fixed line or cellphone).

With Skype you can call to any telephone number. Check out the rates here:

http://www.skype.com/products/skypeout/rates/all_rates.html?

You have to setup an account with Skype and sign up for SkypeOut. After that you charge your calling account by using creditcard.

Calls from PC to PC are free.

Greez

You have to setup an account with Skype and sign up for SkypeOut. After that you charge your calling account by using creditcard.

Greez

Ya, but what if u use skype from ur landline to call another landline?

I know that u get charged by the minute w/skype rates...

BUT :

Does your TT&T land line in Thailand get billed at local thai rates/min???

Greez

Ya, but what if u use skype from ur landline to call another landline?

I know that u get charged by the minute w/skype rates...

BUT :

Does your TT&T land line in Thailand get billed at local thai rates/min???

No, you cannot use Skype with your normal phone.

Skype is a computer software for VOiP (Voice Over Internet Protocol) telephony - it uses the Internet to establish the connection.

When you call a "normal" landline or cell phone number, the telephone signal first travels on the Internet, until it reaches an exchange station in the country you are calling, and from that exchange station it connects to the "normal" telephone network.

One nice feature with Skype, especially the free calls from computer to computer, is that VOiP telephony can handle a much larger frequency range than normal phone lines - thus the quality of the call is often even better than normal phone calls.

• 1 month later...

sigh,

calls made with skype to fixed lines cost 1.7 euro cent to europe and north america

bought 10euro or 500 baht of call time

60 minutes to holland equals 102 cents equals 51 baht

computer to computer is free, computer to fixed/mobile phones cost ya monee