Filters Cause Light Loss?

The Vulcan

Isn't this pretty obvious when you remove your cheapo UV or protective filter and put it on a piece of white paper?

And for that reason I only use Kenko's L41 Super Pro Wide series UV filters which guarantees 99% optical transmission. But it's so thin I once shattered the filter fitted on 135mm lens in a protective case dropping it from below waist height. It broke into so small shred, tiny pieces of glass was falling out from inside the lens months after I broke it. It used to be the most expensive UV filter Kenko had to offer but they now seem to have even better filter with a coating that only reflects 0.3% of incident light.

Edited by Nordlys

Isn't this pretty obvious when you remove your cheapo UV or protective filter and put it on a piece of white paper?

And for that reason I only use Kenko's L41 Super Pro Wide series UV filters which guarantees 99% optical transmission. But it's so thin I once shattered the filter fitted on 135mm lens in a protective case dropping it from below waist height. It broke into so small shred, tiny pieces of glass was falling out from inside the lens months after I broke it. It used to be the most expensive UV filter Kenko had to offer but they now seem to have even better filter with a coating that only reflects 0.3% of incident light.

All my Contax G series lenses are fitted with Kenko UV filters and I have a range of black and white filters from the same Company. I must say they are good.