Wetv Now Suck-tv.

rmbrodie

Does anybody know why many of the English language channels (ch 8-movies, ch 10-Star World, ch 17-Fox New, ch 18-BBC) have been changed to less interesting content?

Don't know why the change. They now offer 40 channels, with a few interesting new ones. Channel 8 Movies and BBC are still there, and now you get CNN headline news. You need to reprogram your tv. All the new channels are described in this month's WEtv magazine. Other new channels include, Disney, Discovery Travel & Living, Discovery Health, Reality TV, MTV, Bloomberg, ABC, NOW.

Does anybody know why many of the English language channels (ch 8-movies, ch 10-Star World, ch 17-Fox New, ch 18-BBC) have been changed to less interesting content?

Don't know why the change. They now offer 40 channels, with a few interesting new ones. Channel 8 Movies and BBC are still there, and now you get CNN headline news. You need to reprogram your tv. All the new channels are described in this month's WEtv magazine. Other new channels include, Disney, Discovery Travel & Living, Discovery Health, Reality TV, MTV, Bloomberg, ABC, NOW.

I am guessing you guys are talking about cable tv company. do you know if they have the same setup in CR.

Edited by banpaeng

The reason why WETV did cancel STAR World and FOX News (glad I don't have to look at the repulsive face and opinions of Bill O'Reilly anymore) is that UBC has bought the exclusive rights to broadcast these channels. The channels WETV did add have less quality, I think they have about 6 cartoon channels now ?

I remember from many years ago, WETV did have CNN (not the cheap headlines version they did add recently) and CNBC, so I could enjoy Jay Leno and Conan (I forgot his last name) on saturday night. Also they had Star World and Star Movies, if I am not kidding myself. Those were the days !