True / Speedtest.net

bkkmick

It seems True have upgraded their lines in conjunction with the new overseas cable from Asia now functioning. Just changed the subscription to 8 Mbps (which didn't work before on this phone line) but line speed is set to 14 Mbps and speedtest results are 12 or more, even to overseas. True states that you can test the higher speed for some time (end of the month I think) before they switch to your actual subscribed speed. Sorry, no link for this, I was told by my Thai friend. Smart marketing move, I'd say.

It seems True have upgraded their lines in conjunction with the new overseas cable from Asia now functioning. Just changed the subscription to 8 Mbps (which didn't work before on this phone line) but line speed is set to 14 Mbps and speedtest results are 12 or more, even to overseas. True states that you can test the higher speed for some time (end of the month I think) before they switch to your actual subscribed speed. Sorry, no link for this, I was told by my Thai friend. Smart marketing move, I'd say.

Well I just got this 604609256.png to the UK and this to BK 604611626.png. I must admit that I have never seen these speeds before...maybe W7 has improved the internet! I am on the 590Baht TOT 3Mb package.

Edited by John45

before the AAG, the ISPs had to cheat, lie and steal in order to preserve the illusion of progress.... now they can open up the pipes.

alternatively, maybe they finally did what I'd have done long ago if I was in charge there: make access to speedtest.net absolute priority over everything else :)

I don't think 45Mbit is possible on ADSL...