Hotel in pattaya

OzzieMan

Got an email last night my friends have given up on Thai airlines, said it was like talking to a brick wall, and are coming to Bangkok via Singapore.

They want to go to a beach resort so I said Pattaya is only 2 hrs away

Okay any one have any hotel recommendations and why, my sources tell me all hotels in this area are Girl friendly, so what other pros and cons are there, as I myself have never been there as yet myself

Have you never been to Pattaya? yet you are recommending it to your friends as a beach resort. The "beach" in Pattaya is awful. It's only about 20 yards wide, covered in deck chairs and it's gritty dirty sand. The sea is also pretty unpleasant to swim in, lots of pollution. Jomtien a bit further along is hardly any better. Pattaya is good fun, it's like Bangkok-by-Sea..there's 2 or 3,000 bars between it and Jomtien but the beach is yeuch.

If you want all the fun stuff AND beautiful beaches with pure white sand and clear sea you should tell them to get down to the islands like Phuket or Koh Samet or Koh Chang.

Have a look at www.phuket.com

Sorry No I did not advise them, they just heard its a great place to be, a week in bangkok a week in Pattaya and a week back in bangkok

I don't think they want to look at the sand and beach, we have the best beaches in the world back home in Queensland

Know what I mean

What? Better beaches than Weston Super Mare?

I think not!

:o  :D  B)

Ozzie , loads of decent Hotels in Pattaya , if the Nightlife is their bag , try Penthouse Hotel , it is set up for easy acess , has a live link into a Gogo Bar , jacuzzi , the works.

PENTHOUSE HOTEL 325/61 Soi Pattayaland 2, Beach Road  Moo 10 +66(38) 429 639

+66(38) 421 747

Btw the beach in Naklua is ok , most people that go to Pattaya are too lazy to look at beaches in North Pattaya ( Naklua)

What accommodation price range does your friend require?

Does he want peace and quiet in his hotel room or is he prepared to put up with the blare of music from nearby bars?

How many nights will he be staying?

Does he need a swimming pool, aircon, view?

If you can give a bit more info of his requirements, you will get a lot more recommendations.

Emailed my friend for answers to your questions

They are staying at the Manhattan hotel in Bangkok at I believe about a thousand baht a night, so use this as a comparison,

Yes the want air con, safe, swimming pool, access new friends they meet, bath, breakfast walking distance to the action again the manhattan is about half way between Nana and Cowboy Soi, guess every thing that that the manhattan offers

They want to stay 4 to 6 days, this cn be changed to suit a good deal I guess

Know any of these

Ambassador City Hotel Na-Jomtien Beach

Adriatic Palace Hotel Pattaya Hill

A-One Royal Cruise Hotel North Pattaya

Asia Pattaya Beach Hotel Pattaya Hill

Botany Beach Hotel Na-Jomtien Beach

Central Wong Amat Resort North Pattaya

Century Pattaya Hotel City Center

Cholchan Hotel (Mercury) North Pattaya

Garden Beach Resort North Pattaya

Garden Seaview Hotel North Pattaya

Icon Pattaya City Center Border

Jomtien Palm Beach Hotel Jomtien Beach

Markland Pattaya Beach Hotel North Pattaya

Mountain Beach Hotel Pattaya Hill

Naklua Beach Resort North Pattaya

Nova Lodge Hotel Pattaya City Center

Pattaya Park Hotel Jomtien Beach

Pinnacle Resort & Club Na-Jomtien Beach

Residence Garden & Apartments South Pattaya

Siam Bayshore Resort City Center

Siam Bayview Hotel City Center

Sunset Village Na-Jomtien Beach

Sunshine Vista Hotel & Apartments North Pattaya

Sigma Resort  Jomtien Beach

Tropicana Hotel City Center

As I've posted before I like the Beach Surf Hotel at the top end of Jomtien Beach Road...cheap (500 baht per night but check) comfortable with AC, room service and fridge and satellite tv. No pool but the beach is right across the street. Depending on the weather I quite like sitting on the beach with the sea of umbrellas drinking bier Chang and munching on freshly steamed prawns and green mango salad (not som tam...better...). The hotel is old and has some nice features...good open air restaurant on the pavement level with burgers, steaks and etc. as well as a full Thai menu.

A 10 baht tuk tuk ride will get you to the entertainment area in 15 minutes. Not sure regarding the house policy with 'guests' as I was there with my wife and her family. The kids loved it. Saw lots of falangs at breakfast (al la carte - no buffet) with their bit from the night before so probably no problems there.

Check it out.

"walking distance to the action" is what I'm concentrating on.

I regard Walking Street as THE main area of night time action, with a leasurely walk up to Pattaya Land 1 and 2, still part of the "action."

Daytime shopping "action" concentrates on the same area but extends to Mikes Shopping Mall near Soi 10. (walking distance from Walking Street.)

This then eleminates all hotels at Jomptien Beach, Pattaya Hill, North Pattaya, Naklua.

You have chosen some "upmarket" style hotels on your list, but if your friend is staying less than a week the extra that he pays for luxury will not be excessive.

You won't go wrong with either the Siam Bayshore or Bayview hotels.

The Bayview is at the quiet end of Walking Street. Handy to most things. Nice hotel, nice swimming pool, tennis courts (international standard) etc.

The Bayshore is also a very nice hotel with large swimming pool, tennis courts (concrete surface) but this is situated outside the main night time areas but is located near good shopping outlets and lots of restaurants. It is well within walking distance to all the main attractions, or a short baht bus ride if you don't feel like walking.

The Royal Garden Resort (I think it recently had a name change to Marriotts) is right in the heart of everything. It is about the same quality as you require, huge swimming pool and all amenities.

All of these hotels should have a web site.

On Second Road there are three hotels grouped together that are a few notches cheaper than those mentioned above, and perhaps not as "up market," the Welcome Plaza, Royal Place and the Royal Twin. All are high rise hotels, in a quiet area but close to all action.

The only problem with all of these hotels is that you may need to pay extra each night for casual companions.

There is a small hotel next to the Siam Bayview Hotel named the Windy Inn. It is about a 2.5 star that allows partners, it has an outdoor swimming pool, tv, fridge, queen size beds etc.

Close to everything but I don't think it has a bath.

You can't have everything.

Good luck.

steelyRon...there was an internet connection in the hotel lobby that I noticed...the instructions were 'bend over, lubricate and insert'. Better to use the the numerous internet shops close to the hotel...more hygenic and less hassle.

I believe steelyDan did a number called b-o-l & i back in the early 80s but never recorded it...

• 2 years later...
<font color='#000000'>"walking distance to the action" is what I'm concentrating on.

You won't go wrong with either the Siam Bayshore or Bayview hotels.

The Bayview is at the quiet end of Walking Street. Handy to most things. Nice hotel, nice swimming pool, tennis courts (international standard) etc.

The Bayshore is also a very nice hotel with large swimming pool, tennis courts (concrete surface) but this is situated outside the main night time areas but is located near good shopping outlets and lots of restaurants. It is well within walking distance to all the main attractions, or a short baht bus ride if you don't feel like walking.

Good luck.</font>

You've got this the wrong way around. It's the Siam Bayshore that is on Walking Street.

<font color='#000000'>Got an email last night my friends have given up on Thai airlines, said it was like talking to a brick wall, and are coming to Bangkok via Singapore.

Okay any one have any hotel recommendations and why, my sources tell me all hotels in this area are Girl friendly, so what other pros and cons are there, as I myself have never been there as yet myself</font>

I recommend the BAYBREEZE Hotel in Pattaya. The Baybreeze is located just off Pattaya 2nd road, the address is 503/2 Pattaya 2nd Road. E-mail them at [email protected] or [email protected]. Last week the price was 500 baht including breakfast. High Season I expect them to go up to 600 baht w/o breakfast, same price it has been for the last 3 years. New elevator installed just a couple of years ago. The street it is located on has a Seven Eleven Store on one corner and a bank on the other corner.

Why the Bay Breeze, okay - you can walk to many places, like the Royal Garden, Mike Mall, lots of bars and restaurants. You can catch a cheap (10 baht) taxi truck that takes you to many more places. You are the next street up from Beach Road. There are lots of "all you can eat buffet" restaurants in this area (95 baht buffet breakfast at the nearby Apex and Lek hotels.)

There are other decent hotels in this area that are worth a look. Travel agencies, internet cafes, and massage parlors available on the same street that the Bay Breeze is on. Good laundry across the street from the Bay Breeze.

You do know that the best swimming area for foreignors will be in Jomtien, just up the road (20 baht ride on a taxi truck.) Pattaya beach is okay for walking, sun tanning, and shopping and bar hopping, etc. Most of the swimming off Pattaya (Beach Road) is by Thais and Japanese.

:o

..  If you want all the fun stuff AND beautiful beaches with pure white sand and clear sea you should tell them to get down to the islands like Phuket or Koh Samet or Koh Chang...

no, not Koh Chang, there's monsters and crab people there, :o:D (just trying to keep Chang from turning into the next Samui),

NovaLodge, Easteny, Flippers, clean, cheap, G-friendly, anywhere on beach road your going to be ok, bars o'plenty, and the beach isn't really that bad, as long as you just use it for kicking back and drinking .... :D

Ozzie , loads of decent Hotels in Pattaya , if the Nightlife is their bag , try Penthouse Hotel , it is set up for easy acess , has a live link into a Gogo Bar , jacuzzi , the works.

PENTHOUSE HOTEL 325/61 Soi Pattayaland 2, Beach Road  Moo 10 +66(38) 429 639

+66(38) 421 747

My mate's old man's place. if you want some female fun this is good.

Then again it is Pattaya, a large brothel on a dirty beach.

They should call "walking street" "prostitution street".

<font color='#000000'>Got an email last night my friends have given up on Thai airlines, said it was like talking to a brick wall, and are coming to Bangkok via Singapore.

Okay any one have any hotel recommendations and why, my sources tell me all hotels in this area are Girl friendly, so what other pros and cons are there, as I myself have never been there as yet myself</font>

go to Hard Rock Hotel, best swimming pool in Pattaya.

go to Hard Rock Hotel, best swimming pool in Pattaya.

Only problem is the opening rate is 2500/night and upwards.

http://www.asiarooms.com/thailand/pattaya/hard_rock.html

Edit..........heres another option,

http://www.asiatravel.com/lek/

Girl friendly as well............just ask for i.ds to be left at reception

Edited by thaiflyer1

PENTHOUSE HOTEL 325/61 Soi Pattayaland 2, Beach Road  Moo 10 +66(38) 429 639

+66(38) 421 747

My mate's old man's place. if you want some female fun this is good.

Hey Neeranam, this mate of yours, did he come over to LOS about 9 yrs ago? Sent his (UK) fiancee back saying he was coming back to UK 'next week'? :D

Say hi :o

Discounted the beach part because I actually agree with you there! You can replace Pattaya with any major city in Thailand if you want the truth of the matter :o .

Walking Street - bit harsh isnt that? (mind you did get a chuckle)

Walking Street - bit harsh isnt that? (mind you did get a chuckle)

I actually did tone it down a bit, really I'd call it "wh*** street"

I'd call Soi 6 Walking Street......Oh blast! my keyboard won't type the letter "N",

Edited by wilko

Most hotels beween Pattaya and Jomtiem have their own beaches and sea-view pools.

Further down the coast their are several good resorts....

the more you pay, the more likely the hotel won't be too girl friendly....they will charge extra for a guest in a double room you've already paid for, which when you think about it is unbelieveably hypocritical!

Soi 7 and 8 are in thhe thick of it when it comes to girl bars, and have some reasonbly priced hotels with pool etc.

Walking Street is more Go-Go bars and smaller hotels. Some good looking ones at the far (south ) end though.

You really have to find out from your friends whether they really want sea or sex...whichever, you need to wear a condom in Pattaya.

Got an email last night my friends have given up on Thai airlines, said it was like talking to a brick wall, and are coming to Bangkok via Singapore.

All these recommendations are coming a little late for the OP, since he posted his request two years ago :o

Never mind, probably someone else will have a use for the advice.

Sophon