Why Is Thailand So Unsophisticated Musically?

mrbp

What has my sexuality got to do with this thread Toad you idiot?

Glory glory man utd ... and the reds go marching on, on, on!

Heard that in hi-so club in Soi Cowboy once. Classics never go out of style mate.

Which Hi-So club in Cowboy is that James? The one that charges 700 baht as opposed to 500 baht for a bar fine?

It was the one with the glass floor on the 2nd level so you can look down on people. That's what they told me anyway.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was the one with the glass floor on the 2nd level so you can look down on people. That's what they told me anyway.

What other unsophisticated music do they play in there??

Something about Camel Toes to the front, beavers to the right. Must have been Jungle Jims.

I hate to put a dampener on such an entertaining thread but can we please get back to the subject topic instead of trying to discredit other members?

Krap.

:)

Apologies to the OP, who has kindly explained to me his current situation. I will be more cautious about being caustic. :D

Nothing about sexuality sir, think you are missing the point. Just there are a number of hole in your stories about what you claim to be - one minute an international DJ, and the next a teacher in a provincial town. No problems with either.

Onto the music, really I can see what you get so beat up about in respect of the "void" that you say is in the music. You are in Thailand, if you are a DJ then you need to play the music that appeals to your punters, not what just appeals to you. :)

So I was a teacher and part time DJ before now I'm not teaching. How is that a lie?

Delete those off topic remarks please.

I thought this might be the first thread on Thai Visa where some idiot didn't try to discredit someone and call them a liar but no such luck.

Anyway weren't you one of the people who said all my previous posts were lies now your using them to say my current post is a lie and don't pretend that you didn't add my sexuality to this thread to be spiteful. You are an utter

c you next Tuesday

because Thailand is uniquely unadventurous musically.

I'm an open minded person who wishes there was more openmindedness around thats all.

Other than that I LOVE THAILAND

Read before you write

Oh, believe you me, I read before I write, I just wonder if you do.

TH

My wife is Thai and she hates Thai music/Thai t.v. Wanna have a go at her as well???

Your Thai wife hates Thai TV and hates Thai music ? :):D:D

Yes she does. Whats wrong with that?

Just seems very strange that's all, in the 19 years I've lived in Thailand, I've never come across any Thai people with a hatred for Thai TV and Thai music.

Nothing wrong with it, it's just that I've never come across it before and am therefore surprised.

Nothing about sexuality sir, think you are missing the point. Just there are a number of hole in your stories about what you claim to be - one minute an international DJ, and the next a teacher in a provincial town. No problems with either.

Onto the music, really I can see what you get so beat up about in respect of the "void" that you say is in the music. You are in Thailand, if you are a DJ then you need to play the music that appeals to your punters, not what just appeals to you. :)

So I was a teacher and part time DJ before now I'm not teaching. How is that a lie?

Delete those off topic remarks please.

I thought this might be the first thread on Thai Visa where some idiot didn't try to discredit someone and call them a liar but no such luck.

Anyway weren't you one of the people who said all my previous posts were lies now your using them to say my current post is a lie and don't pretend that you didn't add my sexuality to this thread to be spiteful. You are an utter

c you next Tuesday

we didn't call you a liar mate, we said you were full of <deleted>. JK , have a nice weekend. :D

because Thailand is uniquely unadventurous musically.

I'm an open minded person who wishes there was more openmindedness around thats all.

Other than that I LOVE THAILAND

Read before you write

Oh, believe you me, I read before I write, I just wonder if you do.

TH

What is your point? I said Thailand is uniquely unadventurous musically and you think you have somehow proved a point by highlighting that?

Oh dear, switch your brain on son

So I was a teacher and part time DJ before now I'm not teaching.

Being a well paid and sought after DJ I don't blame you for not teaching.

I'll ask again, how much did it cost you to get your 50,000 collection of vinyl over here ?

I carry 9600 tracks on my iPod and that's easy, but 50,000 Vinyls must weigh a few hundred Kgs......good for you, I used to love my Albums, Vinyl is so much more personal than a CD, good money to be made in old vinyls too.

Well done Toad you have killed this thread and revealed most of the people who disagreed with my points to be trolls rather than actually having a point of view about the topic. And that includes YOU

Maigo6, bkkjames, mrtoad and thaihome you are all just making adhominen attacks now because you don't really have anything to contribute to this thread. You might think you have discredited me but in fact you have revealed that you are a bunch of homophobic trolls.

Well done very grown up of you :)

My wife is Thai and she hates Thai music/Thai t.v. Wanna have a go at her as well???

Your Thai wife hates Thai TV and hates Thai music ? :):D:D

Yes she does. Whats wrong with that?

Just seems very strange that's all, in the 19 years I've lived in Thailand, I've never come across any Thai people with a hatred for Thai TV and Thai music.

Nothing wrong with it, it's just that I've never come across it before and am therefore surprised.

There is a suprised emoticon you know. She never watches the thai soaps, and doesnt listen to any thai music. She does have an mp3 full of Rhianna, Neyo etc. Lost on an ageing goth like me though. Gimme sisters of mercy any day.

Well done Toad you have killed this thread and revealed most of the people who disagreed with my points to be trolls rather than actually having a point of view about the topic. And that includes YOU

Maigo6, bkkjames, mrtoad and thaihome you are all just making adhominen attacks now because you don't really have anything to contribute to this thread. You might think you have discredited me but in fact you have revealed that you are a bunch of homophobic trolls.

What's to contribute? your OP sums it up. You don't like the music here. We got it the first time.

Lets be honest here, you have the audacity to say that Thai music is "unsophisticated", and then you turn around and call people homophobes because you don't like the fact that people are picking holes in your stories, or are disagreeing with you.

I'll make it clear here again, just as I did to you by PM - at no point do I have a issue about your sexuality or anyone else. You have claimed various points about jobs etc, which got challenged. You made a point and cleared it up, which I and others accepted - and posted as much. Your attitude towards Thai music though is demeaning.

LOL.........

How much did it cost you when you took your collection of 50,000 Vinyls to Thailand, it's a simple question, average of 180 Grammes each x 50,000 = 9 million grammes = 9,000 Kgs.

Must have cost a fortune . :D

LOL.........

How much did it cost you when you took your collection of 50,000 Vinyls to Thailand, it's a simple question, average of 180 Grammes each x 50,000 = 9 million grammes = 9,000 Kgs.

Must have cost a fortune . :D

I think he said he had a dream about bringing his 50,000 LP's to Thailand. Post number 66 on this thread I believe.

...you have revealed that you are a bunch of homophobic trolls.

I wasn’t aware that idiot was a gay insult, have to remember that. :D

The fact remain, that you have offered nothing more then your opinion, and opinion of the marginal group you associate with (and trust me, I am well familiar with that group), that Thailand is a musical wasteland.

Three main points were trying to be made to you,:

1.Your own narrow mindedness and arrogance about your musical tastes has clouded your judgments to the point you no longer have any objectiveness left.

2.The closest thing to Thai music expert on the Internet has attempted to engage you in a discussion on Thai music. You have not responded or even acknowledged his posts.

3.You are indeed an idiot. Admittedly an articulate one, but one just the same. :D

TH

...you have revealed that you are a bunch of homophobic trolls.

I wasn’t aware that idiot was a gay insult, have to remember that. :D

The fact remain, that you have offered nothing more then your opinion, and opinion of the marginal group you associate with (and trust me, I am well familiar with that group), that Thailand is a musical wasteland.

Three main points were trying to be made to you,:

1.Your own narrow mindedness and arrogance about your musical tastes has clouded your judgments to the point you no longer have any objectiveness left.

2.The closest thing to Thai music expert on the Internet has attempted to engage you in a discussion on Thai music. You have not responded or even acknowledged his posts.

3.You are indeed an idiot. Admittedly an articulate one, but one just the same. :D

TH

Remind me never to get into a debate based on facts with you TH. Mr Go6 no problem, but you, no wayyyyy. :D