Bangsaen Bike Week November 6-7th

BigBikeBKK

Moreover seriously, Bikeweek BangSean Chonburi 2009 was an amazing experience. Thousands of distinctive, unusual, altered, plain, simple and special motorbikes jam-packed into a beach road circuit. Great positive attitude and good vibes everywhere. Carabao rocked the stage late Sat night. Hundreds of bikes still cruzing around 05:30am Sun upon my departure. Keep on rolling rolling rolling !!! :)

post-78747-1257658865_thumb.jpg

post-78747-1257658875_thumb.jpg

post-78747-1257658885_thumb.jpg

post-78747-1257658893_thumb.jpg

post-78747-1257658908_thumb.jpg

post-78747-1257658917_thumb.jpg

post-78747-1257658924_thumb.jpg

post-78747-1257658931_thumb.jpg

post-78747-1257658937_thumb.jpg

post-78747-1257658944_thumb.jpg

post-78747-1257658951_thumb.jpg

post-78747-1257658958_thumb.jpg

post-78747-1257658965_thumb.jpg

post-78747-1257658975_thumb.jpg

post-78747-1257658982_thumb.jpg

post-78747-1257658989_thumb.jpg

post-78747-1257659004_thumb.jpg

post-78747-1257659013_thumb.jpg

Following Kawasaki rules for Break-In of the new 2010 mini Ninga 250R (SE) was daunting keeping rpm low. All the same pleasurable driving had at Bangsaen beach maneuvering about traffics with a little 38Kg payload aboard. :D

That's a great picture! I like your taste in payloads :D:D:D:)

Like the vid of Frank doing a burnout!

Very good bike week. Extremely impressive. Had a lot of fun!

Dude- you left WAY too early!

110709HellYeah.JPG

Carabao had the whole place rockin!

110709Carabao2.JPG

Nice chassis!

110709HDPretty.JPG

Heading out for the group ride-

110709SSRBikes4.JPG

Bummer about the bent wheels! :D Were you able to get the wet spot off your seat? :)

110709SSRBikes7.JPG

A couple of Ninja ZX10Rs, old and new-

110709SSRBikes5.JPG

Nice little ride, once it got going- pulled over to snap a couple shots-

110709BangsaenRide.JPG

Classic shot of Banana Boy gettin' his nuts squashed!

110709TrentBeerZX10R.JPG

Anyone know how many bikes were there? Hard to guess but wouldn't surprise me if there were 5000 or more. Awesome!

110709Carabao4.JPG

Yup the Mighty Tiger is hurt. Both wheels are kaput after smacking into a massive pothole on the Bangna Trad Highway.

Thus the Tiger will be out of action for some time to come.

Wonder if the insurance will cough up for aftermarket wheels. Thinking Gold Marchesini (spelling)

Yup the Mighty Tiger is hurt. Both wheels are kaput after smacking into a massive pothole on the Bangna Trad Highway.

Wonder if the insurance will cough up for aftermarket wheels. Thinking Gold Marchesini (spelling)

<deleted>' BangNaTrat- nasty road, though to be honest, with all the repairs they've been doing the surface is getting better. Riding back to Bangkok on Sunday afternoon the traffic was very light and we made great time. That's crazy that a pothole bent both your wheels- Bakerboy said he ate the same pothole you did but his VFR came out unscathed. I'd have thought with the Tiger's big suspension travel that it would have faired better than the VFR. I hear they gave you a Speed Triple as a loaner while you bike is in the shop- NICE! :)

<deleted>' BangNaTrat- nasty road, though to be honest, with all the repairs they've been doing the surface is getting better. Riding back to Bangkok on Sunday afternoon the traffic was very light and we made great time. That's crazy that a pothole bent both your wheels- Bakerboy said he ate the same pothole you did but his VFR came out unscathed. I'd have thought with the Tiger's big suspension travel that it would have faired better than the VFR. I hear they gave you a Speed Triple as a loaner while you bike is in the shop- NICE! :)

Ya Bakerboy & I discussed this, why mine failed and his went without a glitch.

We concluded possibly that my suspension settings were set to firm. And VFR was still on softer settings. Or he hit it just slightly different to get away with it.

Anyway I got another toy to play with, Triple 675!!

<deleted>' BangNaTrat- nasty road, though to be honest, with all the repairs they've been doing the surface is getting better. Riding back to Bangkok on Sunday afternoon the traffic was very light and we made great time. That's crazy that a pothole bent both your wheels- Bakerboy said he ate the same pothole you did but his VFR came out unscathed. I'd have thought with the Tiger's big suspension travel that it would have faired better than the VFR. I hear they gave you a Speed Triple as a loaner while you bike is in the shop- NICE! :D

Ya Bakerboy & I discussed this, why mine failed and his went without a glitch.

We concluded possibly that my suspension settings were set to firm. And VFR was still on softer settings. Or he hit it just slightly different to get away with it.

Anyway I got another toy to play with, Triple 675!!

Scary stuff there Travelmate.. hope you didn't get hurt. Enjoy the Triple 675 - You might end up buying it!! :)

Tony - did you make a video from the group ride? Would be nice to see

Great meeting you all!

Peace/

Johan

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the pix's guys. It makes me sad on one hand, cos I wasn't there, and happy on the other cos I know I will be there next year.

Hey Bang Ron, you got a better pix of that white full dress Wing? We don't get the white....and it looks like it's better spec than the local offering.

Thanks for all the pix's guys. It makes me sad on one hand, cos I wasn't there, and happy on the other cos I know I will be there next year.

Hey Bang Ron, you got a better pix of that white full dress Wing? We don't get the white....and it looks like it's better spec than the local offering.

Just this one, kind of blurry. It was a humming along..

post-78747-1258875294_thumb.jpg

It's hard to tell from that pix but I think some of the bits are from the factory accessory catalog. They look smick in white or black but the new ones here are either an OK silver or a not so OK blue. Maybe the well healed can order another colour.

It's hard to tell from that pix but I think some of the bits are from the factory accessory catalog. They look smick in white or black but the new ones here are either an OK silver or a not so OK blue. Maybe the well healed can order another colour.

Ironically took pics of a white goldwing in Laem Chabang. Think it might be same one that was cruzing around Bangsaen bike week. I do not know much about these sweet rides, though always have dreamed of owning one.

post-78747-1258898262_thumb.jpg

post-78747-1258898304_thumb.jpg

post-78747-1258898325_thumb.jpg