Restaurant Ubon Ratchatani

MrWiggle

Had a great feed at a restaurant in Ubon last week on way back from the east.

Peppers Bakery and coffee shop....don't know street address but opposite the Airforce base, not so far from the clock tower in town at the roundabout.

Their pizzas are the best I have ever tasted in Thailand so far, their Burgers were the best my Daughter had tasted and their cheesecake was certainly the best I have had here.

Only thing bad was we could not fit more in or more time and try the breakfast and the home baked bread.

Job very well done amongst superb surroundings.

Thanks Mr Wiggle for your kind words. I remember you actually because you asked for cream to go with your New York Cheese cake, no one else has ever requested that before!

The actual address is 297 Uppalisan Road but yes as mentioned it is almost opposite the entrance to the WING 21 airforce base.

"Peppers Bakery and Cafe" lat=15.2396746279, lon=104.855182075

• 2 years later...

Although I don't own Peppers anymore I have heard that they are now baking some pretty good rye bread. A friend of mine picked some up the other day and was singing its praises. So if that is your thing.... get on down there.

Edited by MeMock

I was in there 3 weeks ago on my 3 day stay in ubon , i have to say that the meat pies was good too, not sure if its just the expats who shop in there, but there was a good selection and that was in the afternoon

Edited by malct

• 7 months later...

This has nothing to do with Peppers.

Saap Soi Kaew (9) has closed. Pulling the place down. While it was always crowded and making a profit, the owners say that there are other businesses making more money. They own among other things in the city, Mazda, the area around Big C, the new MacDonalds, the new shopping mall complex being built in front of Big C and of course the Charoen C market at Warin.

I have not been to MacDonalds. Must be bringing in the crowds.

I wonder what will be built on the Saap Soi Kaew land? Maybe a small boutique hotel? Already one hotel in the street Pen-Ta-Hug and Rapeepun two lanes further up.