Adsense Ads Inside Individual Posts

steelepulse

What's the story on having adsense ads in the top post and other posts in every thread?  If I'm not mistaken, having the same color font and size as regular text on a page is a reason for getting booted out of adsense.  Yes you're going to get a lot of extra clicks, but you're also going to get a lot of unhappy publishers that don't get anything from the click as the visitor stays on their page for 2 seconds before hitting the back button.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Must admit I was also taken aback by that sudden 'feature' and had spent last 20 minutes trying to find out what dumb thing I did now to cause it. After getting the same thing in 3 browsers the coin dropped and found this thread.

Yes I agree that this way of placing ads should stop!

It was bad enough when TV placed ads after every first post in a topic but inserting an ad in individual posts to make it appear that the poster placed the ad goes to far!!!

TV admin should concentrate on solving the issue of multiple e-mail notifications first of all (I got a triple notification for this topic).

opalhort

The administrators are trying to test different ad placement with as overall goal to reduce the amount of ads displayed.

Currently only using the Phuket and Phuket news forums for the tests.

Test will run for about a week.

Our excuses for any inconveniences!

I am not sure if other people have this problem, but since today the google ads are getting very obvious and annoying. Stuck into posts, stuck between topics in the sub forums. Its really an eyesore.

Is this TV new style? Not useful.

Mods, please inform.

edit: Just posted this, and alrady a VisaCard ad in my post. What is going on?

Its like a spam attack.

Edited by EvilDrSomkid

The administrators are trying to test different ad placement with as overall goal to reduce the amount of ads displayed.

That does not seem to be true. They are everywhere; including here. And now appearing at random between posts so can not even find where pinned items end and forum begins. It is a nightmare at present.

Very intrusive, when it's put right into our posts. You would think the plethora of ads which take up 2/3 of the top screen of each forum would be enough already. An annoying and disturbing trend which started about a year ago..... I know we have to make money, boys, but let's keep it in check.

That does not seem to be true. They are everywhere; including here. And now appearing at random between posts so can not even find where pinned items end and forum begins. It is a nightmare at present.

Yes, not correct. They are everywhere. I TRULY HATE IT.

Thaivisa might think it's popularity will win out over these awful distracting intrustions, but I for one won't bother logging on any more if it continues. :)

Yes, they are everywhere, including the language forum. Apparently its a 'test' to reduce ads...(or users patience?).

Personally, I'd like to see ads confined to the banner areas at the top of threads and forums, and the sponsors prevented from advertising in discussion threads. We are continually being distracted in the thailanguage forum by sponsors plugging themselves by joining in discussions threads. They never have anything useful to contribute except yet another plug for their blasted school, which we are all too familiar with already.

I understand that TV needs to generate revenue from sponsors, but allowing sponsors to butt into discussions only drives users away, which presumably is not what the sponsors want. The way TV loads a page - with banner ads displayed and a scroll-down always necessary - is perfectly fine for giving the sponsors the exposure they want. Anything more aggressive than that is only going to be counterproductive. I could quote marketing gurus who say the same, but alas the post in which these were provided by another TV member was deleted by the moderators...

While we're on this subject, George could you please update the forum rules to make clear which rules do or do not apply to sponsors? In particular, I have in mind the one that says 'company names can't be used as member names', perhaps you could add 'except for sponsors' or 'including sponsors' whichever is the case. It would also be nice to have some clear guidelines if sponsors are to continue to be allowed to butt into discussions to plug themselves, as to what counts as 'reasonable' and what counts as 'excessive' in doing so.

You will get a clearer picture of what I'm talking about if you discuss with meadish about the interminable spats between a number of other thailanguage forum regulars (including myself) and Walen school of Thai. The mods have been doing a great job of putting out the bush fires, but until the rules are clearly defined it won't be long before another major inferno breaks out. Nobody on either side nor those in the middle want it, but only you can solve it by setting and publishing clearer policies.

Thanks and Best

Softwater