Adsense Ads Inside Individual Posts

steelepulse

I to think that this is VERY INTRUSIVE. And i hope it stops soon.

I do understand that THAIVISA/NATION NEWSPAPER are almost destitute but surely there must be a better way of earning money from sponsors.

And I for one know how hard it is to get SOME SPONSORS to pay any money towards running events etc.

Edited by thaicbr

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm listening to you guys! Thansk for the feedback so far.

As I said, we're considering going back to the old ads placements for logged in members, that means that you all will be happy. Just give us a few days to evaluate the results from this tests.

Cheers

I'm listening to you guys! Thansk for the feedback so far.

As I said, we're considering going back to the old ads placements for logged in members, that means that you all will be happy. Just give us a few days to evaluate the results from this tests.

Cheers

If this means that adds will still appear in my posts when they are seen by others this is still totally unacceptible. My posts are my words and the addition of seperate adds which purport to be part of my post is not just rude it is dispicable.

Everything's going to <deleted> :) ... work, the economy, TV forum, the price of beer.

If it's a genuine effort to 'stay afloat' we'll have to accept it. If it's an effort to see how far they/you can push us members (the important people in TV) then it's very disappointing. It'd be interesting to see how many people who've been threatening to drop UBCTrue have actually done so, but this has the same smell.

And, yes, I have been looking for a Thai Bride for some time.

'Patsycat', and this member was looking for :-

post-3770-1256821409_thumb.jpg

:)

Yours truly,

Kan Win

Great, send me over half a dozen! :D

At the risk of having an ad placed in this posting......

I agree with Harry. Our comments in postings may be good, bad, ugly, misguided, or even downright wrong. But they are our comments.

I don't supprt someone adding anything (including ads) into our personal views.

Sorry George. A very good site which I enjoy very much. Please don't corrupt it.

I just hope you don't get booted from adsense from these blended ads. Please, A/B testing with your amount of page views shouldn't take more than 2 days, but I can understand the joy from all the accidental clicks these ads have created.

Edited by steelepulse

And, yes, I have been looking for a Thai Bride for some time.

'Patsycat', and this member was looking for :-

post-3770-1256821409_thumb.jpg

:D

Yours truly,

Kan Win

Great, send me over half a dozen! :D

Thought it was supposed to be a dozen? :D

Oh..that was Catholic girls.

Im off-topic. What was i going to say? Oh yeh "DOWN WITH THE INTRUSIVE ADS!". :)

Please. :D

I understand TV is a business and needs to generate revenue but I do find these new Google ads which are embedded in the Fortum Topics and even embedded in individual post to be very distracting. TV has plenty of advertiser's links and popups already and these new ads are totally unnecessary.

:)

I understand TV is a business and needs to generate revenue but I do find these new Google ads which are embedded in the Fortum Topics and even embedded in individual post to be very distracting. TV has plenty of advertiser's links and popups already and these new ads are totally unnecessary.

I agree.

The fact that they are embedded with actual posts is totally offensive.

On one of my posts it looks as if I am advertising a Thai Singles Partners Service.

I have reason to believe the Contact information, email addresses, of TV Memebers has been comprimised.

Support can PM for the details.

I sort of don't like inserting an advert, above, in my post and would almost think it is not right!?

You should at least put a Disclaimer that the author of the Post is not recommending the inserted services!!??

Is the insertion of Google ads in Members' Posts a new thing?

Can Members have an opinion about this?

I don't like it for a few reasons.

One, it intrudes into speech.

Two, there are lost of areas for advertising already.

Three, those who 'ignore' adsense ads won't suddenly start clicking on them like mad, anyway.

Four, In my opinion it degrades the Forum. In an attempt to gain income, it might backfire. Somebody should track new membership and traffic with this new 'feature'; to see if it drops.

--------------

Pardon me if I think of TV as 'our' forum and 'my' forum. i don't like my Forum intruding into Members' Posts.

I have reason to believe the Contact information, email addresses, of TV Memebers has been comprimised.

Support can PM for the details.

you have been warned is this what you are implying, :) not much else, except that you should install a spell checker.

Does anyone else find the google ads as annoying as I do? They sometimes go right over a topic and you think it is part of the topic. I understand that thaivisa needs to pay the bills, but these type of ads are REALLY annoying to me. I don't see them on other forums, but maybe they are coming. It certainly cuts the quality of a forum.