If You Would Like To Learn To Make A Krathong

miltonbentley

If you would like to learn how to make a Krathong the Tuskers girls will be holding a free Krathong class on Monday afternoon anytime from 2pm. The will have all the materials to allow you how to make a beautiful, traditional krathong which you can then float on the moat or river or take home. There is no charge and the girls look forward to sharing their craft skills with anyone who wishes to learn.

bali_to_thailand_205.jpg

Great Idea....... but isn't this a day late and a dollar short ?

The idea for the class came solely from my staff who thought there would be some people who would enjoy learning the art of krathong making. They tell me that the actual date for Loy Krathong is Monday and that the krathongs should be released on that evening under the full moon.

I totally defer to their knowledge in these matters.

Edited by miltonbentley

Great Idea....... but isn't this a day late and a dollar short ?

The idea for the class came solely from my staff who thought there would be some people who would enjoy learning the art of krathong making. They tell me that the actual date for Loy Krathong is Monday and that the krathongs should be released on that evening under the full moon.

I totally defer to their knowledge in these matters.

Well MB , I will defer to your deferring and add another day here....

Thank you for that.....

Anyone out there want to go for Tuesday...????

I guess it really doesn't matter as they have been bombing for 2 weeks already and surely will go for another week or so...

G

that lesson thingy is really a good idea...... I wish I could do it but my mommy told me never to play with fire.... so I have to use a tiny torch

Edited by Gonzo the Face

Wilai Maneetorn tells me she's planning her personal celebration for November 1 and 2 in Mae Rim. If Wilai says it, I believe.

Should have said this idea from the Tuskers staff is a lovely one. I'm very impressed by the gesture.

Edited by anselpixel

Thanks so very much Tuskers and especially to the girls for providing a really enjoyable afternoon. I had a lot of fun and met really lovely people (particularly nice to put faces to a couple of Thaivisa names).

Tonight I will be proudly floating my home made Krathong. :) Really appreciated.

Chiang Mai Loy Krathong 2009 Schedule (November 1st - 3rd): http://www.loikrathong.net/eng/Highlight_Chiang_Mai.html

For some reason firefox doesnt like this link, flagging it as a reported site attack. :) IE accepts it fine however....

So it's "germ-Free"?

I got same,same = firefox!

The site at www.loikrathong.net has been reported as an attack site and has been blocked based on your security preferences.

Chiang Mai Loy Krathong 2009 Schedule (November 1st - 3rd): http://www.loikrathong.net/eng/Highlight_Chiang_Mai.html

For some reason firefox doesnt like this link, flagging it as a reported site attack. :) IE accepts it fine however....

So it's "germ-Free"?

I got same,same = firefox!

The site at www.loikrathong.net has been reported as an attack site and has been blocked based on your security preferences.

So strange! Maybe one of the adverts are making warnings flag up?? But yes, for me anyway, had no problems visting this site. But...here is the list from the site:

loykrathongschedule.jpg

Oh hey, and last night i and others ended up in a Powder Fingers video releasing lanterns. The singer spoke to me. Kinda cool. :)

Edit: That was kinda random..lol..sorry.

Edited by eek

All in a good cause!

Thanks everyone for your kind comments which I shall pass on to Off and the girls. They were thrilled that people came and I am glad everyone enjoyed it.

Mrs MB and I took the kratongs she made down to the river near our house last night and released them much to the amusement of the locals.