Places Of Interest From Bangkok.

allyoops

i will be in thailand from 11th to 24th nov .will spend a few days in bangkok as usual.i have been to pattaya and phuket but was wondering where else is worth a visit for a few days .somewhere easy to get too from bangkok ,not looking to go to a beachy island where theres nothing to do but lie on beach.

i have been to river kwai a few years ago but it was a bit rushed (a one day thing).can i get a bus or train to the area and stay there for a couple of days.

any ideas would be welcome.

i will be in thailand from 11th to 24th nov .will spend a few days in bangkok as usual.i have been to pattaya and phuket but was wondering where else is worth a visit for a few days .somewhere easy to get too from bangkok ,not looking to go to a beachy island where theres nothing to do but lie on beach.

i have been to river kwai a few years ago but it was a bit rushed (a one day thing).can i get a bus or train to the area and stay there for a couple of days.

Sorry mist the part about the River Kwai. The answer is yes to both bus or train. Great trip take VIP.

Try Hua Hin 2hrs southwest of Bangkok,bus or train. Great resort town.

Try Ayutthaya a historical and cultural site of world class. Not to be missed. 1 hour north of BK by bus or train. Nice city good hotels.. Give yourself 2-3 days.

Check out Lopburi, another hour or hour and a half beyond (north of) Ayutthaya. In Ayutthaya, the cultural attractions are far apart, and you need a bicycle, or a taxi driver for the day, or a series of taxis.

In Lopburi, the interesting things are all within walking distance of each other. Best to arrive there by train, if the SRT rail strike is over, and things are back to normal. If arriving by bus, take a songthaew west to the monkey temple. It is located on a traffic circle where you cross the railroad tracks and enter the old town.