Ps3 Official Opening In Thailand

Mozikillah

To my knowledge, games like 'Fat Princess' cost around 15.0 US Dollars on the US Playstation Store.

An official Sony PS3 in Thailand will now cost you around 15k with warranty. Places like MBK will sell you a PS3 120GB for around 12k with no official sony warranty.

Edited by Mozikillah

So much for Thailand being "cheaper". The 120 version is being replaced in the western markets with the 250GB version and the newer model is retailing for between 10,000 and 11,000 baht in the USA & Canada, markets which slap on duties for imported electronic gear. Is Thailand the dumping ground for the 120 models that are being sidestepped in the west?

I was playing GTA IV on my friend's PS3 and realize that sooner or later I'm going to have to buy one if I am to feed my addiction to GTA. (I already had another PS3 on loan burn out.) However, I'm going to wait until the prices come down and the new models are around. I'd expect that with the 250 released this month, that the 120 v. will soon be discounted in alot of markets as demand disappears. The price difference between he 120 and the 250 outside of Thailand is only about. 1500 baht