Thai Citizenship Applications

Just wondering if anyone else out there waiting on a Thai citizenship application has heard any news from the Interior Ministry lately? I have heard nothing since the Minister Chavarat supposedly signed off on mine six months ago.

I hope this is OK. Go to http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Story-Thai-C...io-t121353.html

It took this person 4 years. Be patient. :)

Just wondering if anyone else out there waiting on a Thai citizenship application has heard any news from the Interior Ministry lately? I have heard nothing since the Minister Chavarat supposedly signed off on mine six months ago.

Hi Richard. I have been waiting for 2 years and 5 months. Heard nothing since my Interior Ministry interview. How did you hear that Minister Chavarat signed off on your application? I don't yet know of anyone who has been approved by him or anyone who has received citizenship while he has been Minister. I would be interested in hearing from anyone to show that this is not the case.

Hi Richard. I have been waiting for 2 years and 5 months. Heard nothing since my Interior Ministry interview. How did you hear that Minister Chavarat signed off on your application? I don't yet know of anyone who has been approved by him or anyone who has received citizenship while he has been Minister. I would be interested in hearing from anyone to show that this is not the case.

Hi, Chief.

I do not have any solid proof, but my sources in the Ministry say that he signed a bunch (including mine) in May. I remain dubious as I, like you, have received no official word so far.

I first applied in September 2007, and had my committee interview in August of 2008.

• 3 months later...