Rubber Matress - Latex Matress - Hard Mattress - Where To Find ?

frenchFARANGbkk

• 2 weeks later...

Friend of mine had to buy a hard mattress for his wife, due to back surgery. He ended up going to a marine supply company which sold a firm polyurethane mattress used for boat cushions/mattresses. Try looking at boat equipment/supplies in the yellow pages(online) and you may find what you are looking for.

Outside of that, maybe exercise mats might do the trick. Carrefour also had a sale on air mattresses, although sounds like that is not for you.

I would recommend a spring- mattress ( Sleepmate etc.) we have a few stone hard ones in our house.

Rubber/ Latex isn't hard in itself and also body heat/ sweat can't evaporate that good.

CB

As i am still looking for a ver hard mattress, do you know where I could find one in Bangkok or Pattaya ?

As they are very heavy I was thinking that hospital mattress were made of pure ruber/latex, but I must be wrong.

Thank you so much !

I would recommend a spring- mattress ( Sleepmate etc.) we have a few stone hard ones in our house.

Rubber/ Latex isn't hard in itself and also body heat/ sweat can't evaporate that good.

CB

As i am still looking for a ver hard mattress, do you know where I could find one in Bangkok or Pattaya ?

As they are very heavy I was thinking that hospital mattress were made of pure ruber/latex, but I must be wrong.

Thank you so much !

In post 16 Mahtin has given you a link to a manufacturer of latex matresses in Bangkok.

The company has a telephone number and email address.

What more do you want?

Best you go first in any Lotus, Index or Homepro and look around...

and than if you are in Pattaya, you can also visit the furniture shop opposite the bus terminal Pattaya Nuea ( north )

It's directly in front where the buses run into the street who leads to the Sukumvitroad, the shop looks shabby

but if you are lucky, you can find the same mattress like in the malls much cheaper.

In hospitals they use foam- or, and this is maybe what you are looking for, coconut husk- mattresses! These are really heavy

and, I have to admit, they are steel hard!

They are also not expensive and you can find them everywhere were cheap mattresses are sold :)

... but my choice is still a hard spring mattress.

You want hard? Than latex is not the right material, some foam is hard but not easy to find,

Good Luck

CB

Edited by Chonburiram

CB

Thank you so much !

In post 16 Mahtin has given you a link to a manufacturer of latex matresses in Bangkok.

The company has a telephone number and email address.

What more do you want?

This company doesn't sell hard as stone mattress and the guy i spoke with is a suxxer !

Thanks for you help.