True 3g In Huahin?

2008bangkok

Hi Guys,

DSue to my never ending problems as previosu posted gettin internet where i am i have decided to may move back to Hua Hin where my Mrs loves..but i need intenet

According to true website 3g is all over Hua Hin http://www.truemove.com/en/05_service_3g_3_cha_um.html can anybody confirm this? lookin to stay and use it by tescos on the m,ain Hua Hn road and if you are using it is it fast enough for skype..

Your experience will be greatfully appreciated

Our office is right in the center of a big yellow spot on their map, and I have True as mobile provider. However I have never experienced anything faster than GPRS when connecting via my mobile (which does support 3G).

Would be interesting to hear other people's experiences as well, if they advertise with it, it must soon be functional. And we have seen a few times recently those "speaker-pickups" driving by advertising 3G coming to Hua Hin, I do think though that the one's I've seen have not been True, but another phone company.

Our office is right in the center of a big yellow spot on their map, and I have True as mobile provider. However I have never experienced anything faster than GPRS when connecting via my mobile (which does support 3G).

Would be interesting to hear other people's experiences as well, if they advertise with it, it must soon be functional. And we have seen a few times recently those "speaker-pickups" driving by advertising 3G coming to Hua Hin, I do think though that the one's I've seen have not been True, but another phone company.

Do you have a european 3g phone or 1 brought here in Thailand.. the frequancy here is 850 compared to most other countries of 900 so if your phone isnt 3g 850 compatible then it wont work.. ie i have a k800i and its 3g but its 900 so it wont work..

Edited by 2008bangkok

Do you have a european 3g phone or 1 brought here in Thailand.. the frequancy here is 850 compared to most other countries of 900 so if your phone isnt 3g 850 compatible then it wont work.. ie i have a k800i and its 3g but its 900 so it wont work..

This is the kicker AIS in Chiang Mai is 900 but True in Hua Hin is 850. Do we smell a problem?

This is the kicker AIS in Chiang Mai is 900 but True in Hua Hin is 850. Do we smell a problem?

Has it actually been eleased in the CM or is it 'testing' like everywhere else

I'm on it at the present been available for about 2 months.

Couldn't be happier. Up your's TOT/TTT,TRUE,CAT

609387898.png

FYI: from the TrueMove website... http://www.truemove.com/en/05_service_3g_4.html

"TrueMove is currently operating a 3G service on the 850 MHz frequency on a non-commercial trial basis and is waiting for approval to launch the service on a commercial basis. An auction will also be held by the government in the near future of 3G licenses on the 2.1 GHz frequency."

"If you want to join the TrueMove 3G trial phase, you will need a 3G WCDMA 850 MHz mobile phone."

"23* TrueMove 3G-compatible mobile phones from five manufacturers are currently available in Thailand:

bullet_yell.gifNokia: 3120 Classic, 6120 Classic, 6267, 6500 Classic, 6500 slide, 6555, 6600 Slide, 6600 Fold, 5610 Xpress Music, 7900 Prism, E51 bullet_yell.gifSony Ericsson: K850i, W760i, C510, W508, W705, W995, C903, T707 bullet_yell.gifApple: iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS bullet_yell.gifBlackBerry: iBold 9000 bullet_yell.gifHP: HP iPAQ 912

* Availability may vary"

I too would love to hear of anybody's experience using the service in Hua Hin.

I have a Nokia 6500 bought in Europe.

I'm getting really curios now to try it out, and would love to test it and post results. Small problem is though, that I lost my phone in a taxi in Bangkok in the weekend :)

We did call it though, and some nice lady picked up and had found it in the taxi, she agreed to send it to our office when I had transfered some money to her to cover the costs, so I did and now I can only hope I'm not being scammed.

Has it actually been eleased in the CM or is it 'testing' like everywhere else

I'm on it at the present been available for about 2 months.

Couldn't be happier. Up your's TOT/TTT,TRUE,CAT

609387898.png

What's the monthly download limit with the AIS package? And how much does the package cost?

I have a Nokia 6500 bought in Europe.

I'm getting really curios now to try it out, and would love to test it and post results. Small problem is though, that I lost my phone in a taxi in Bangkok in the weekend :)

We did call it though, and some nice lady picked up and had found it in the taxi, she agreed to send it to our office when I had transfered some money to her to cover the costs, so I did and now I can only hope I'm not being scammed.

Yep the 6500 will owrk http://www.yourmobilephonereviews.co.uk/no...ide_reviews.htm bit of a touch some1 finding it hey!!

Are you already using true for your phone then?? or you gonna get a true sim... nfor ther record i spoke to true and they said there is no extra settings if you use gprs then it will automaticly change to 3g and as its not offically out yet then there is no extra charge..

I have the air card cost 3900bt one time when not on 3G out of area it goes to Edge. I pay by AIS/12GO top up cards. I'm on their max package 30GB at 1500bt per month. I'll probably drop to 15GB for 900bt the most I have used is 7GB a month.

"Other countries" generally operate 3G in 2100MHz although some have 900 or 850 as in thailand at the moment. True, AIS and DTAC networks are all trial networks at the moment. I.e. AIS in CM is using very narrow band in 900MHz which basicly means they can only support few users. When they launched their theoretical capasity was somewhere between 3 and 4 thousand subscribers.

Once they get the licences out there should be proper 3G with HSPA that is 7+ megs and not to mention HSPA+ and that will see over 20 meg downloads. HSPA is already available in more developed countries like Singapore, Indonesia, Phils and Cambodia...

I see other advertisements for 3G in different areas but they are not delivering. To my knowledge Chiang Mai has the only operational system for the public.

True works in Bangkok, several reports here in the forum. Again, very limited coverage along lower sukhumvit and silom, sathorn.