Tot To 12mb / True To 16mb ...

sniffdog

Of course these are the maximum local speeds, so not of any use to us ...

But I wonder do the international connection go up also? Experiences (from those with 8Mb True connections too!).

Please post your Speedtest screenshots .... how much can you squeeze out with Internet Download Manager (16 connections)?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been favorably surprised by the quality and competence of True technical support lately.

The company has vaulted light-years ahead of where it was just a few years ago. When I call, which is rarely, I get a pleasant, polite, well-schooled technician who can advise me in English.

I am astonished by this, as I have some technical expertise from a previous career, and I generally only call Tech Support as a genuine last resort.

Well, I purchased two iPhones for my wife and I, and I encountered some set-up issues that should have been handled at the True Shop. When I could not overcome them, I reluctantly called True. I was up and running within ten minutes.

If anybody from True is aware of this forum, please accept my profound gratitude and my congratulations. Keep doing what you are doing. You are indisputable evidence that Thailand is very much evolving.

If you look a True web site, it is very clear there are 2 packages... The Premium Package is a little more but double the upload speed

http://www.trueonline.com/en/package.aspx

I have never had anything other than True, over 5 years ago when the house was built there was no other options here out in the sticks, the odd problems were very quickly sorted out, as I remember the engineer has come 3 time in over 5 years, always arrived within the hour of the call and fixed the problem free of charge.

My own experience True is 100 times better than BT ever was in the UK..

I Am happy as a pig in poop with the True 8Mb service here is why

post-1422-1256287455.gif

Cheers for the screenshot. Gives me an idea of the speeds regarding seed/peers etc on the True 8MB. I'd die a happy man with those speeds. On TOT 2 meg with about the same number of seeds as you I max out at 160kB/s for short periods of time. At that speed how long does it take a 700MB movie to download?

Edited by mca

post-1422-1256287455.gif

Cheers for the screenshot. Gives me an idea of the speeds regarding seed/peers etc on the True 8MB. I'd die a happy man with those speeds. On TOT 2 meg with about the same number of seeds as you I max out at 160kB/s for short periods of time. At that speed how long does it take a 700MB movie to download?

On 2meg i seem to max out at 250k download...

On true 4MB I dont have any problem with speedtest, I can get 4.9 from NJ, What I have a problem with is the constant disconnects and 'seemingly' loss of DNS. Everything is Ok then I get the dreaded "looking up www.google.com", which says to me the DNS is not functioning properly. Explained this several times to True engineers who dont really seem to have a clue.

post-21828-1257104802_thumb.png

post-1422-1256287455.gif

SpeedTest to San Francisco I am in Pattaya

You've just convinced me to sign up with True.

I was thinking about going with the new fibre optic service from Sophon but the lady told me it's still 2 weeks away for my area (this could be Thai talk for 8 months).

I am in Pattaya Klang and think i would get similar speeds to you... their office is on 3rd Rd between Klang and Nua but not sure if their cables come from the same place?

Can i ask where in Pattaya you are and if that is the Basic Pack (1,199 baht) or Premium Pack (1,400 baht) at 8Mb? At those speeds i will also have to buy some more external hard drives to save stuff onto.

I went into their office today, here is the latest flyer from them.

post-57960-1257267134_thumb.jpg

On true 4MB I dont have any problem with speedtest, I can get 4.9 from NJ, What I have a problem with is the constant disconnects and 'seemingly' loss of DNS. Everything is Ok then I get the dreaded "looking up www.google.com", which says to me the DNS is not functioning properly. Explained this several times to True engineers who dont really seem to have a clue.

Also DNS problems on TOT since 2 weeks ... sometimes have to reload before the DNS resolves ...

If my Thai doesn't deceive me, free telephone line connection again.

Edited by sniffdog

TOT has gotten better, so has CAT, but... I really want True now. We get a slight knock-on effect as True is competing so hard, TOT is kind of forced to improve their prices and services as well, and they do, albeit reluctantly.

BTW I get the feeling that True high speed packages are available only in BKK and surrounding areas.

BTW I get the feeling that True high speed packages are available only in BKK and surrounding areas.

They are also available in Pattaya -- this is the flyer i got from their office yesterday.

They told me it costs 2k to install which includes modem but you get a 1,500 baht refund when you return it. Unfortunately they won't be in my area (Pattaya Klang) for a couple more months.

img001_410x600.jpg

Is anybody subscribed to some of hi-speed TOT plans now? Pls, post speedtest to USA.

Unfortunately I subscribed to CAT premium 2mb, it cost 1800 baht, but I still keep TOT's 2 mb. TOT's 2 mb works as 512 for international internet, I'm interested, what about 12 mb?

post-21828-1257104802_thumb.png

post-1422-1256287455.gif

SpeedTest to San Francisco I am in Pattaya

You've just convinced me to sign up with True.

I was thinking about going with the new fibre optic service from Sophon but the lady told me it's still 2 weeks away for my area (this could be Thai talk for 8 months).

I am in Pattaya Klang and think i would get similar speeds to you... their office is on 3rd Rd between Klang and Nua but not sure if their cables come from the same place?

Can i ask where in Pattaya you are and if that is the Basic Pack (1,199 baht) or Premium Pack (1,400 baht) at 8Mb? At those speeds i will also have to buy some more external hard drives to save stuff onto.

I went into their office today, here is the latest flyer from them.

post-57960-1257267134_thumb.jpg

I am located just off Pattaya Klang near Carrefour it is the Basic Pack 1199

• 4 weeks later...

They are also available in Pattaya -- this is the flyer i got from their office yesterday.

They told me it costs 2k to install which includes modem but you get a 1,500 baht refund when you return it. Unfortunately they won't be in my area (Pattaya Klang) for a couple more months.

That almost look to good to be ... true :)

According to http://www.trueonline.com/en/package.aspx they are waiving the setup fee until end of December. There is another offer where you have to pay 1,990 baht setup fee which includes a set top box allowing you to watch 40 TV channels but that isn't a requirement, just an option. Probably mostly Thai channels. Could be interesting hearing if anyone has it already, which channels are offered.

Where is True's Pattaya office? The one on the corner of Sukhumvit? Two years ago I went there to hear about their offering, no-one had a clue, appeared to be providing only company leased lines. EDIT: Just saw "their office is on 3rd Rd between Klang and Nua"...

Why don't you just use opendns ?

Edited by Phil Conners

All this talk about True's incredible speed have made me want to change provider.

I am on TOT 2MB at the moment and it really sucks...

Is there anyone that know if True is available on Soi Khao Talo in Pattaya...?

Where is True's Pattaya office? The one on the corner of Sukhumvit? Two years ago I went there to hear about their offering, no-one had a clue, appeared to be providing only company leased lines. EDIT: Just saw "their office is on 3rd Rd between Klang and Nua"...

Today I went up and down 3rd road between Klang and Nua and was unable to find any True offices. KSC and Loxinfo are near Klang, that was all the ISP's I saw. Anyone know where specifically True are located?

EDIT: Called True hotline at 1686. Apparently the office is on the ground floor of Lotus Nua. Open 10.00-21.30. Need work permit to sign up for farang.

Edited by Phil Conners

I'm also with TRUE and they offer an excellent service up in Chiangmai.

However I'm just wondering if they limit the download speed for torrents up here in Chiangmai, as it always tell me that a firewall/router is limiting my connection with Utorrent???

Not the firewall as I have allowed all possible exceptions... Maybe the router? Anyone else have this problem? Is so how did you solve it?

Caveat emptor...

Iam in a village off Soi Khao Noi, my 8mb True is superb, fast as hel_l and have had 99% uptime, my mate who lives on Soi Khao Noi not more than 500metres away (as the crow flies) but closer to Suk road got True installed after playing with my connection....... his is appalling, infact it that bad 99% of the time he is better off using his Nokia for a modem.... we are on the same plan.