Non Imm O Single Entry Extension

Need a extension for a month or two at most.

This was a 90 day single entry - not going to need a 1 year visa.

Suggestions?

Anyone done this recently?

Is Sakon Nakorn or Nong Kai easier IF it's possible.

NOTE I am NOT after a 1 year marriage visa. Just want to extend this a little bit

If you are married to a Thai you can both visit immigration with proof/id's and obtain a 60 day extension of stay to visit for the normal TM.7/1,900 baht.

If you do not have a valid reason the most you can obtain is 7 days under consideration stamp.

You do need to use the office serving the area you list on the TM.7

If you are married to a Thai you can both visit immigration with proof/id's and obtain a 60 day extension of stay to visit for the normal TM.7/1,900 baht.

If you do not have a valid reason the most you can obtain is 7 days under consideration stamp.

You do need to use the office serving the area you list on the TM.7

Thanks Lopburi - sorry new at this - by TM 7 - is that the marriage certificate? We have that - though it was bangkok and now live in Sakon Nakorn.

1900 sounds good.

TM7 is the extension application form. You can download it Here.

Got it - THanks guys - on our way shortly :)

60 days not allowed anymore - 7 days or 1 year only

FARK

So off to Vientianne

Thanks guys - but I had the wife call to confirm - yes - you can get 3 months (not 60 days) multi entry in Sakon Nakorn - arrive - NOPE

Wife was furious

I was too

So - warning - no 60 days!

Actually there was a post in the last couple of days saying the same thing.

Can't remember who. :)

EDIT . Found it in here. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Extension-Ex...sa-t311042.html

This guy subsequently came back and said 'misunderstanding with immigration', but did not say whether 60 day extension was given or not.

Section 2.24 of the Police Order is very clear on giving 60 day extension to visit Thai wife. Hard to believe immigration refused to give.

Edited by thaiphoon

EDIT . Found it in here. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Extension-Ex...sa-t311042.html

This guy subsequently came back and said 'misunderstanding with immigration', but did not say whether 60 day extension was given or not.

Section 2.24 of the Police Order is very clear on giving 60 day extension to visit Thai wife. Hard to believe immigration refused to give.

We where not impressed - asked to see the head - he wasn't in - very annoyed - wife calling again in a few days again to see what happens this time.

We where not impressed - asked to see the head - he wasn't in - very annoyed - wife calling again in a few days again to see what happens this time.

Looked at that thread - he had a 1 year existing visa - no idea if it made a difference but good lead to argue with them

I wonder if the officer even understood what you wanted? This is a relatively new regulation and not often used - he probably has never seen one. But if he was looking at the regulation allowing 60 days when he said it was not allowed anymore it might indicate a change in policy - but that could be him/office/area/or all. You mentioned wife calling on phone so did not understand if she was with you or not. Guess you were both there. Much prefer better results but appreciate your keeping everyone advised.

Well it gets more confusing. For the record wife was with me and her english is good. The officer female actually impressed me with her english. Very good. Confusing is wife has a very nice cousin who i didn't know had recently started work at immigration ubon i believe. Wife called her, and she told wife we should have got 60 days very easy. Wife un aware of what you kind people have been saying so confirms we should have got the extension. Leaving for laos tomorrow as i can't be bothered starting a useless fight, besides other family can carry the complaint better than us, from within. Guess the real answer is a unknown though.