Big Bike Trade In And Finance..

Thai Chi

I have a friend in Buriram that is currently getting around on a Yamaha Dragstar 400cc classic.

He would like to upgrade to something like the Yamaha 1100 cc Dragstar or similar.

He has the current bike as well as some cash, but would like to finance the balance.

He is on an extended Non O and married. Getting a Thai guarantor for the finance would not be a problem.

So, are there any big bike shops anywhere in Thailand that would possibly look at this sort of deal.

Anyone every gone down this road before?

:)

I have a friend in Buriram that is currently getting around on a Yamaha Dragstar 400cc classic.

He would like to upgrade to something like the Yamaha 1100 cc Dragstar or similar.

He has the current bike as well as some cash, but would like to finance the balance.

He is on an extended Non O and married. Getting a Thai guarantor for the finance would not be a problem.

So, are there any big bike shops anywhere in Thailand that would possibly look at this sort of deal.

Anyone every gone down this road before?

:)

New bikes from authorised main dealers can be financed. Like yamaha,bmw,harley and kawasaki.

I dont think Yammy sells the 1100 dragstar, so have a look at kwakers chopper at some 450k baht. Iv seen a 1100 dragstar at red baron bkk, but doubt it can be financed since its a "pirate" import.

The question is if your friends present bike is legal enough for some dealer to trade it. If not just sell it and use the cash for downpayment

I've always been under the impression that foreigners can not obtain finance without a work permit. Even with a work permit the finance terms are less attractive for foreigners than they are for Thai. The OP said his friend is here on a Non O Visa and didn't say if he has a work permit or not. Happy Trails!

I've always been under the impression that foreigners can not obtain finance without a work permit. Even with a work permit the finance terms are less attractive for foreigners than they are for Thai. The OP said his friend is here on a Non O Visa and didn't say if he has a work permit or not. Happy Trails!

No need for workpermit to finance vehicle in LOS.

I m taking delivery on a new Vigo 4x4 auto 4 door at 950k this week. Financed in Tanachart Bank with 25% down and 2,75% interest on 48 months. My third vehicle financed in own name and never had a work permit. Advantage with good thai bankstatements and credithistory though. Get a thai creditcard asap :)

Kwaker wants 30% down and 5-6% interest on 2-3 years. BMW similar. harley is advertising 0% interest, but dont know the terms

For a farang with 50% down on a bike from maindealer it should be easy going

I m taking delivery on a new Vigo 4x4 auto 4 door at 950k this week. Financed in Tanachart Bank with 25% down and 2,75% interest on 48 months. My third vehicle financed in own name and never had a work permit. Advantage with good thai bankstatements and credithistory though. Get a thai creditcard asap :)

Kwaker wants 30% down and 5-6% interest on 2-3 years. BMW similar. harley is advertising 0% interest, but dont know the terms

For a farang with 50% down on a bike from maindealer it should be easy going

BMW currently have a special offer on a few of theirs with 25% or 30% down and then 48 months at 0% interest

Cool- that's very good to know. I can tell you that when I tried to apply for a mortage some years back before I had a work permit none of the Thai banks were interested. Sounds like it's different for vehicles. Ride On!

Thanks all for some good and positive responses......

I agree with selling his current bike first and then going for a cash / finance deal.

Its not 100% legal at the moment...but will be soon.

I guess he is just working the numbers and trying to upgrade without taking too much of of a hit on his current bike.

Any specific dealer names, anywhere, would be appreciated :)

Cool- that's very good to know. I can tell you that when I tried to apply for a mortage some years back before I had a work permit none of the Thai banks were interested. Sounds like it's different for vehicles. Ride On!

Probably due to the mortgage being a problem as you cant own the ground.. Puts the bank in a position where theres multiple claims on the asset.

Getting a loan on the house is easier than a loan on the house and land.

Edited by LivinLOS