Annual Transvestite Pageant Wows Thailand

Jai Dee

Annual transvestite pageant wows Thailand

The finals of the 2009 Miss International Queen competition, an annual beauty pageant for transvestites and transsexuals, reached a colourful and spectacular climax in Thailand on Saturday.

The annual event is fashioned after the Miss World beauty pageant, with the notable exception that each of the contestants has to have been born male.

Miss Tiffany's, one of Thailand's most famous all-male cabaret theatres, has staged the international event since 2004.

At the end of an evening of lavish costumes and carefully choreographed routines, Japanese transsexual Haruna Ai was crowned "Miss International Queen 2009."

Ai received US$10 000, a trophy and a crown and said she was "very very happy. I love Thailand. Thank you very much."

Thailand, a predominantly Buddhist country, is considered to be tolerant of homosexuals, transvestites and transsexuals.

The pageant is held to promote tourism and also the rights of gay and transgender people.

Source: 3News Lifestyle - 2 November 2009

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

a17-1.jpg

Miss International Queen 2009 Haruna Al Japan is flanked by first runner-up Kangsadal Wongdusadeekul of Thailand (right) and second runner-up Daniela Marquez of Brazil at Tiffany's show Pattaya, billed as the world's largest transsexual cabaret.

trans-ap.jpg

Sunny Dee-Lite (above) won best evening gown in the transvestite pageant that attracts contestants from around the world.

trans2-ap.jpg

Transvestite contestants from the Philippines (from left), Jamby Lim Garcia, Godiva Marie Arcachie, Anna Marie and Maria Selita Erica Fideroa, pose for photographers in the backstage.

trans3-ap.jpg

Sandhya Lama of Nepal waits in the backstage at the Miss International Queen 2009 transvestite beauty pageant.

trans4-ap.jpg

A contestant at the Miss International Queen 2009 transvestite beauty pageant places the final touches on makeup and costume backstage.

Source: Straits Times - 2 November 2009

:)

I still love you, Mr. Neverdie, even if you feel I have spurned the hand of friendship.... :D

Honey, thats not me in the picture, I'm alot uglier than those gurls, destined never to win any beauty pagents or be on the cover of any mags :D

Transsexual beauty crowned

Shimmering in a gold evening gown, a Japanese television host wept and called for greater tolerance as she was crowned the world's most beautiful transsexual at a pageant in Thailand.

Ms Haruna Ai, 37, beat 20 other contestants at the Miss International Queen 2009 who came to the Thai beach resort of Pattaya from as far as Brazil and the United States.

'I am very, very, very happy,' she said in tears, minutes after the previous title holder placed a tiara on her head. 'I want contests like this to show everyone that they should love each other and live freely,' she said.

Millions of Thais watched the show live on television on Saturday as the beauties - all born men but whose sexual identification is entirely with the opposite sex - strutted their stuff at Tiffany's Show Pattaya, billed as the world's largest transsexual cabaret.

Despite Thailand's tolerant reputation, transsexuals complain they are legally discriminated against as they cannot change their gender on ID cards.

Source: Straits Times - 2 November 2009

Considering how 'intrinsically uninteresting' certain grouches have commented this news is, it is somewhat 'intrinsically interesting' that there are about 500 viewers right now... :D

I need an english teacher to unravel your post, its confusing me and I only came here to look at pictures of tall pretty ladies or was that pretty tall ladies? :)

Considering how 'intrinsically uninteresting' certain grouches have commented this news is, it is somewhat 'intrinsically interesting' that there are about 500 viewers right now... :D

I need an english teacher to unravel your post, its confusing me and I only came here to look at pictures of tall pretty ladies or was that pretty tall ladies? :)

Or even pretty tall laddies...

We used to have more Ladyboy contests and events here is Chiang Mai but since a local cabaret closed a couple of years back there don't seem to be so many. There is a huge interest in ladyboy pictures for what I guess are a variety of reasons and I see that the gallery on my site gets more hits most months than any of the others.

146486130_mVb4o-M.jpg

Participant in Miss Bar Beer Contest, Chiang Mai 2006

More pictures here

Should we all just congratulate him / her?

Maybe : I'm not that smart

Great another newbie biggot......how do they find their way in? :)

Maybe not a newbie - maybe a damaged regular... poor baby. :D

Considered Opinion,

You may or may not realise that doing what you are doing with your posts and changing peoples previous posts in your quotes is one of thai visas no no's.......you may find yourself agreeing with IJWT and at the same time feel the pain of his moderatorship in the form of his boot going up ur freckle.

Considering how 'intrinsically uninteresting' certain grouches have commented this news is, it is somewhat 'intrinsically interesting' that there are about 500 viewers right now... :)

correction, at present 909 viewers... and yes we can congratulte them all for a good job done.They bare human as most of us are , with a few exceptions here... look in the mirror...

Best regards to all.