Transfer Service

Isabellla

My last trip (early Feb '05), the private taxis at the airport were going for 1,500 (+highway tolls) to 2,200 (including tolls).

I got one for 1,700, including tolls, and told the guy I'd give him a good tip if he didn't try dragging me into some gem/jewellery shop on the way. :o

I have had the same problem, been to thailand 5 times now and no the score but still find it hard to get a cheap taxi to pattaya i think the cheapest ive paid is 1600 plus tolls. I guess after travelling for what seems like ages an extra fiver to get you to your hotel and loved one doesnt matter.

Even the GF struggled to get a cheap fair when we came back from kamphaeng phet even then it was 1600.

Is it best to just go outside the arrivals door and get a taxi from there?

What kind of taxi should i look for? Are the metered ones worth getting?

I have had the same problem, been to thailand 5 times now and no the score but still find it hard to get a cheap taxi to pattaya i think the cheapest ive paid is 1600 plus tolls. I guess after travelling for what seems like ages an extra fiver to get you to your hotel and loved one doesnt matter.

Even the GF struggled to get a cheap fair when we came back from kamphaeng phet even then it was 1600.

Get the girl to meet you in BKK and stay the night....jump a bus or minibus down the next day....Thai limos have priced themselves out of the market now

Dear Big Spuds,

World wide the best place to get a taxi at an airport is on the departures level as it drops off a departing passenger, they are well pleased to pick up another one straight away, and have not paid the fee that I believe they pay to go to arrivals.

Then just keep on asking till you get 1200 bht (plus tolls) I reckon thats about the cheapest you will get quckly though I have heard of 1000bht but who cares after 12 hours on a plane. It will of course help if lady is present as mine was when I got 1200bht.

Edited by spacebass

I travel light so this is not for everyone. Airport bus downtown to Ekamie (100baht)

bus to Pattaya, 90 baht. Songthew from Pattaya bus station to Buakhow, Beach Rd, second Rd. 20 baht.

Taxi from airport to Pattaya the best you should hope for (realisticly) is 1200Baht.

I travel light so this is not for everyone. Airport bus downtown to Ekamie (100baht)

bus to Pattaya, 90 baht. Songthew from Pattaya bus station to Buakhow, Beach Rd, second Rd. 20 baht.

Taxi from airport to Pattaya the best you should hope for (realisticly) is 1200Baht.

This is only OK if you arrive at a reasonable hour. No good if you land at 1am.

I use a company in Pattaya that does trips both ways.

Airport to Pattaya 1000 baht

Pattaya to Airport 800 baht

These fares for a regular taxi. If you want a nicer car such as a Cefiro then that fare is 1200 baht.

Phone number is 01 903 4001. Speak reasonable English and are reliable

These fares for a regular taxi. If you want a nicer car such as a Cefiro then that fare is 1200 baht.

Any email or website associated with this service?

Phone to Mr T taxi company.038 720 318

They speak english

price 850b + toll (145b)+ tip

both ways OK.I ask a friend in Pattaya to call them when I am abroad.

cars:from VIOS to big Volvo 740.Depend of the driver (independant guys)

Sorry don't know if they have a fax or email

an other interresting service I used last year.Full day in Bangkok (2 ways from Pattaya;driving me to appointments in BKK).Costed me 2000 b(car+fuel+tip).

For a limo call the Prabhiarb Transport Co.

They have a Thai Giant (Yak Yai) as their logo.

They will still do the trip for 1800 + toll, with new Toyota Camry's.

They have desk just outside immigration.

Or you could book through the Penthouse Hotel. Get a "limo" with a bottle of champagne and a "kitten" to keep you company on the trip to Pattaya, all for about 2,800 baht.

I usually sleep the whole way, so it's not worth it to shell out the extra bucks just so the BG can share the champagne with the driver !!

Or you could book through the Penthouse Hotel. Get a "limo" with a bottle of champagne and a "kitten" to keep you company on the trip to Pattaya, all for about 2,800 baht.

I usually sleep the whole way, so it's not worth it to shell out the extra bucks just so the BG can share the champagne with the driver !!

But the original poster is "Isabella" so maybe not her scene.

Andy from Misty's also does a similar service.

Thai Airways limousines (Mercedes) used to be 1200 baht, went up to 1700 baht a year or so ago and I now hear that they're over 3,000 baht - because of the fuel costs.

But ordinary taxi-meter drivers now have a schedule of prices that show BKK to Pattaya as 1,500 baht - so you should negotiate from there.

I use a Pattaya 'taxi' firm at 050890713 for Patty to BKK, but I have not tried them for the reverse journey. Basic 800 baht job.

The problem I have found with the small operators is that they often farm out the job. Then someone calls you 5 minutes before you are suuposed to leave and says, "Is it alright if I pick you up 2 hours late?"

The answer is NO, I have a flight to catch.

Pattaya limousines have good ordinary cars, like Toyota Camray, available for 1800 baht one way, and they are reliable.

sure all want to go as cheap as possible :D

My experience is, pay low fare = tired driver which have been behind the steering wheel for 20+ hours :D This means that you have to keep the driver awake the whole way to Pattaya.

Pay a bit more - experienced driver who works for a company with rules = relax and maybe get a shut-eye in the back seat with no worries..

Just my experience with the taxis from DM. :o

sure all want to go as cheap as possible 

My experience is, pay low fare = tired driver which have been behind the steering wheel for 20+ hours  This means that you have to keep the driver awake the whole way to Pattaya.

Pay a bit more - experienced driver who works for a company with rules = relax and maybe get a shut-eye in the back seat with no worries..

Just my experience with the taxis from DM.

Evident signs of that being, the 3 empty bottles of Lippo by his side. Oh and the garage pit stop to buy 3 more. :o

Edited by SEAtramp

sure all want to go as cheap as possible 

My experience is, pay low fare = tired driver which have been behind the steering wheel for 20+ hours  This means that you have to keep the driver awake the whole way to Pattaya.

Just my experience with the taxis from DM.

Evident signs of that being, the 3 empty bottles of Lippo by his side. Oh and the garage pit stop to buy 3 more. :D

Better lippo than some other substances :o

Whether Lippo, Red Bull or some other hyper-caffeinated drink, these are as bad as many illegal substances - but being legal and taxable allows them to be freely available - without any warnings as to use.

We were talking about costs of getting from Don Muang to Pattaya - if you do not pre-book, you have various choices

- taxi to Ekkamai / Morchit and either normal bus or express bus.

- taxi-meter from outside the Arrivals Hall (queue with all the Thais going to Bangkok and beyond - you will be served)

- taxi offer from within the Arrivals Hall

- limousine offer from within the Arrivals Hall

- go to the counters within the Arrivals Hall and try to book by yourself.

Fares will vary from 250 baht all-in for the local bus option up to 2,500 baht and above for the limo option.

Having tried many different taxi firms the last couple of times I have travelled up to Pattaya with a taxi arranged by P J Scuba. (you don`t have to go diving to arrange the taxi).

I have found the car to be clean, the driver punctual and polite and the cost very reasonable at 1600 baht including all tolls and up to 3 passengers. This firm was recommended to me and in these days of taxi rip offs, and attacks on farangs I feel very safe with this company.

You can email them to book and you will get a reply and confirmation.

website www.pjscuba.com

Any email or website associated with this service?

Not that I am aware of, but it is a service that I regularly use and have not yet had a problem. IE they always turn up on time in a clean motor!

Unless things have changed drastically in the past 8 months just go up to the departures and hang out there. I've never paid more than 1000B from there.

Bear in mind its a buyers market and there are more taxis than punters. One or other of them will take you as long as you stand your ground. The longest I've ever had to wait there is 15 minutes.

Unless things have changed drastically in the past 8 months just go up to the departures and hang out there. I've never paid more than 1000B from there.

Bear in mind its a buyers market and there are more taxis than punters. One or other of them will take you as long as you stand your ground. The longest I've ever had to wait there is 15 minutes.

Hiya,

That's about it,go out of the departure lounge,move along alittle,the taxis can see you are detached from the crowd waiting for a taxi and quick and easy to pick up,also the one's behind can see you won't get in ,if the price is not right,swiftly move to the next,about 10-15 mins as above. :o

Hiya,

That's about it,go out of the departure lounge,move along alittle,the taxis can see you are detached from the crowd waiting for a taxi and quick and easy to pick up,also the one's behind can see you won't get in ,if the price is not right,swiftly move to the next,about 10-15 mins as above

Its worth mentioning that some of the drivers will often come up to you and you're away in minutes.
Personally after extremely long flight can't be bothered to cue for a taxi. I book a limo service....5-10quid difference is peanuts when you think about it.

I agree. Most of the times I've done it have been from domestic or neighbouring countires as after a long haul I usually have a few nights in BKK.