Best Beach In Phuket To Suit My Needs?

tonititan

If anyone out there knows about all the different beaches of Phuket, I would love some help with figuring out the best beach to stay at. I have visitors coming next month and they want to go to the beach for a few days. We're going Phuket because they want to make sure to see Phi Phi while they're here, and because flights are cheaper and more plentiful than to Krabi. Here's what I'm looking for:

1. NOT Patong. I've stayed there before, and it wasn't for me. We're not looking for nightlife, and I want to be more accessible to a nice beach.

2. Somewhere where we can catch a day trip to Phi Phi (and possibly other trips). I assume that you can do that from most beaches, but I don't want to be somewhere so isolated that we have to travel far to catch the tour.

3. Somewhere on a nice beach for relaxing. I've stayed at an amazing hotel on Kata beach in low season, and it was great, but the hotels right on the beach will be pretty pricey this time of year.

4. Somewhere that is easily accessible to the airport (it doesn't have to be close, though). Since we only have a few days, I don't want to spend the first and last day of the trip taking a plane, then a tuk tuk, then a ferry, then a songtaew, etc. just to get to the hotel. I'd prefer a beach that can be reached directly by taxi from the airport.

5. Here's the kicker...somewhere that is clean and reasonably nice, very close to the beach, but not over $100 USD/3400 baht per night.

I know that's a lot of requirements, but I want to make this trip as "perfect" as possible for my friends, as it will probably be the only time they ever come to Thailand. Anyone have any suggestions for beaches or hotels? Would sticking with Kata be the safest bet? Anyone know about Karon, Kamala, or any of the many other beaches?

Thanks for your help!

Thanks for the tip! I just checked it out, and it does look really nice. Unfortunately in early December it will be 3700 baht/night (or 2900 on AsiaRooms or 87 USD on Agoda...so a little cheaper). I will definitely keep it in mind, though.

Thanks for the tip! I just checked it out, and it does look really nice. Unfortunately in early December it will be 3700 baht/night (or 2900 on AsiaRooms or 87 USD on Agoda...so a little cheaper). I will definitely keep it in mind, though.

Maybe look at asiareservations.net we always use them 2712baht