When I Was A Kid.

Yaaklenmai

I have, always, remembered my parents shouting at me to "turn your music down".

Now, I'm 61 years old and my propensity for rock music has not diminished - Nor has my desire for volume (rock can NOT be played at low volume).

So, I have a theory about life in the future.

As people, like myself, get older they will need to turn the volume up even more to compensate for diminished hearing and will result in cries of:

Grandad.

Turn the music down!!!

Isn't life just great when you know that you will turn the tables!! (pun intended)

Also, headphones (before anyone suggests them) make my ears itch - I don't know why, but they do!

theowldfecker.gif

Waiting for reaction from the walking dead (who have NO sense of humour) saying that I (and others like me) should be more considerate!

Thanks for my morning laugh. I agree that rock music can not get the full effect if it is played at low volume. And, your hearing DOES diminish as you get older. I'm quite certain that the children who have loud music blaring in their ears constantly are going to lose their hearing sooner... and maybe even by middle age. There is certainly music that makes this old codger want to get up and dance. My 3 year old grand daughter told me last night that I was funny, but she still wanted to dance with me.

• 2 weeks later...

In my late 40s now and I can say, that I still can hear perfect, but prefer listen at a medium level.

But sometimes I can't control myself and go berserk and turn the volume really up. Can't hear wife and daughter anymore, just see them stroboscopic contorted during the wild pogo. Hopefully the walls are not forced down by the mighty bass frequencies one day, so that we suddenly dance al fresco.

Edited by Birdman

yeah...I've noticed that my nieces back away cautiously and then disappear when I queue up the music...

kids these days ain't go no respect...of course, bein' thais, they don't understand as well although I've tried to encourage appreciation with Woodstock, The Last Waltz and Stop Making Sense videos....seems to just increase their confusion... :)