Blues Clubs In Bkk

harpman88

Hi all,finally got my OA visa,will be hitting BKK soon (wont be living there,but will be returning from time to time) What's the latest on the blues scene as of 4/05? Ive heard Mojo's is a goner,what about Tokyo Joe's ,Noreiga's, new venues?? Cannonball,F. Fiend,ru

still out there? Thanx much in advance,the Harpman

I believe Mojo's is still open (minus the thai drummer as i've got him) but I only ever went there for the opening night.

I tried Saxophone once, Nice bar but the band were'nt my thing too jazzy and loungy. Same night we went to Tokyo Joe's which was ok, Jeff and The soi Dog Blues band were playing. :o

I saw on their(old?) website that Mojo's management had changed along

with the musical format.

Dave: I have been to Sax.Pub many times as a very good friend of mine

held down the keyboard chair with the BKK Blues Band for several years. They have since moved on (to Ko Chang ,I think) while my friend remains in BKK. Chai and the Blues Maniacs (great band) were also weekend regulars.(they were no longer there at last visit either)

Looks like Tokyo Joe's is the best spot right now.later,the Harpman

Hi! Where will you be living in Thailand? If Buriram, then 'Woodstock & Vine' is excellent for blues (although they do mix it with some rock'n'roll most nights). However, Noi (the owner) assures me that a regular blues night is on the cards. It is a great atmosphere that attracts a mixed crowd of Westerners and Thais alike and they have over 20 imported beers! Nice decor too!

Hi! Where will you be living in Thailand? If Buriram, then 'Woodstock & Vine' is excellent for blues (although they do mix it with some rock'n'roll most nights). However, Noi (the owner) assures me that a regular blues night is on the cards. It is a great atmosphere that attracts a mixed crowd of Westerners and Thais alike and they have over 20 imported beers! Nice decor too!

Hi Toddy,thanx for the info,I will be living in C.Mai,but plan on seeing the places Ive yet to go in LOS,Buriram included. If you're ever

in C.Mai let me throw in a plug for Took and his band at the Brasserie.

Its located near the footbridge on the east bank of the Ping river.....

Yeah same goes for you if you get down here to Buriram. Really good bunch of farang here and quite a few farang owned businesses. The Thai guys here seem to mix with us Westerners a lot more and it's not unusual to go out for a jar with a Thai mate WITHOUT ANY WIERD ANGLES! Buriram is great for a visit (even better to live here), so you are welcome anytime. Not been to Chiang Mai for 8 years but I want to go sometime after my wife has our baby (approx. 29th this month). There is also a good Thai Country bar called 'Putawan' and the owner is good friends with Ed & Lek Carabao, so he gets some really big Thai bands there (Caravan, Carabao, Marijuana) and the place has become 'muso central' for Buriram!

Got ur latest,Toddy,thanx again I will be looking forward to expanding my circle of friends in Thailand as before now,Ive only been able to stay for a month or so a year.

That wont be a problem anymore come May 4! I will be on a recon to the U.S. in mid August,but when I return in early Nov.I 'll have plenty of time to get around.Later,the Harpman

If you like some live :o try the new Hillary Bar in Soi 4. They have two bands each night. The first band starts at 8pm. Jazz, Blues and Country. Not bad for Pub bands. Nice place to take your GF and if alone more than a few FLs.

Harry,is this Soi 4 Suk. or elsewhere?

Sorry.....yes, Sukhumvit Soi 4. Walk a further 100 yards past NP from Sukhumvit. It’s there NEW bar on the left hand side, not their existing bar on the right hand side of the road.

www.hillarybar.com