Philippines Tourist Visa

Hi there you will be given a 30 days on entry and then you will be able to extend it at the imigration for every 90 days

I'm aware of this. I don't need to stay there that long, just a little longer than the 30 day entry. The extension is around $60 I believe.

I've heard that a visa obtained at embassy is only $30 or so and you get more than 30 days. I don't know if this is true or not

Have not done it recently but I have got a couple of 60 days visas from the Philippine embassy in Bkk without any problems and minimum paperwork (I am British). And I thought it was 21 days of arrival not 30 which can then be extended to a total of 59 days.

In the UK PI embassy, they have a sixty-five quid multi-entry visa valid for a year which is also minimum hassle (just show you have money in the bank)

Have not done it recently but I have got a couple of 60 days visas from the Philippine embassy in Bkk without any problems and minimum paperwork (I am British). And I thought it was 21 days of arrival not 30 which can then be extended to a total of 59 days.

In the UK PI embassy, they have a sixty-five quid multi-entry visa valid for a year which is also minimum hassle (just show you have money in the bank)

what was the minimum paperwork needed?

Passport, application form, photo(s) and fee as far as I can recall, think I got it back the next day - but this was a couple of years ago but doubt if it has changed as they desperately need western tourists - nice enough chaps in there, so you can always pop in for a quick chat as it is near Emporium on Sukhumvit. It was not a busy embassy back then I think I was out of there in half an hour, which included doing the application form

Edited by gregchambers

• 2 years later...