So...cold!

peanut

This is more like a rant but the temperature and dryness in my office are making my life miserable!

I have to be there 8-9 hours every day and there's nothing I can do about it because it's all centralized and they say it can't be changed. Why does it have to be sooo COOOOLD???

Why do Thais love the cold so much (but start complaining about the weather as soon as it gets a bit more pleasant in December...)???

And whatever happened to global warming prevention??? And to the 25C policy?? Is it all just nice big words?

I wear jumper, socks, scarf, and drink hot water constantly but I still feel cold and I'm sick all the time... This is driving me nuts especially considering the absurdity of suffering from cold in a tropical country... Has anyone else experienced this?

Aside from the fact that Im probably overly sensitive, I really believe this sort of extreme airconditioning can't be good for people's health. Am I wrong? What do you guys think?

:)

Edited by peanut

m8 im the same, if im in air con more than an hour i get the sniffles!! me thai missus loves the air con while im a fan man! I think im allergic to air con. good luck in tryin to get all the thais in ur office to turn up the heat!! its gonna be a challenge!

Do any of you have a temperature number we can all better understand? I mean really, since the OP mentioned wearing a scarf and a jumper (no gloves presumably) maybe it's seriously cold, in which case there are remedies. But there again, maybe the OP is a newbie and is only just now starting to adjust, don't know, give us some details.

Haha some of you guys are funny although not very sympathetic if I may say so (especially the "live with it" comment. which receives the first prize for supportive value! As I mentioned, it is affecting my health, which makes it a bit hard to "live with it")

Not that I really expect you to help in any way, like I said this is just me ranting because ranting makes one feel slightly better.

And to be honest I did consider gloves as well! Heater wouldn't work because it's an open office. And... there's something too wrong about this, using a heater in Thailand? :)