Commercial Shop House

SoCa9346

Can anyone give approx. price (per sqf), although I'm sure very few people live in a 'shophouse', again maybe this isn't the correct term, is it permitted, of course to do so would require a bathroom, I don't know if some, none or all are equipped

Would SunBelt be a good starting point, I have a confidential buisness I would like to explore, also needs to be located as near the Pattaya tourist area as possible

Depending on replies a private PM concerning a partner which I really don't need as far as finances, maybe marketing and buisness savy

Will be in PTY for vacation next week

Property prices vary all over pattaya, depending on the condition and location. You can rent or buy,there is one being advertised at the moment on another website in pattaya, a 3 storey shop house for 20,000 baht a month.You will find it easier if you contact one of the property agents there.Google property agents pattaya.Forget about sunbelt, they have closed down their branch in pattaya, and they make you sign all sorts of confidentiality agreements before they deal with you,a local agent will serve you much better. Hope this has helped if you need anything else pm me.

3 storey shop house's from 8k-30k a month depending WHERE it is - drive around with a Thai and look for the rent/sale signs on the shop houses. most will have a basic bathroom on each floor. some will be just basic concrete shells some will have been decked out to various standards by the old renters/owners

Property prices vary all over pattaya, depending on the condition and location. You can rent or buy,there is one being advertised at the moment on another website in pattaya, a 3 storey shop house for 20,000 baht a month.You will find it easier if you contact one of the property agents there.Google property agents pattaya.Forget about sunbelt, they have closed down their branch in pattaya, and they make you sign all sorts of confidentiality agreements before they deal with you,a local agent will serve you much better. Hope this has helped if you need anything else pm me.

Best advise i have seen on this thread so far, gets my vote big time...and i am not referring to looking for an agent, try also to have a look by yourself if you can, contacting the places directly, however be prepared for big surprises and ALWAYS double check what you are about to sign as especially in Pattaya they seems to like a lot to complitely change a contract in their favour once you are about to sign (obviously without even telling you), forgetting about any verbal agreements previously taken....TIT at his best :)

Hi just following up on my earlier comments.I would recommend going to a reputable agent to find premises, but as others have said go around and look at properties yourself. The advantage with a good agent is that the contract you sign will be lawful. What I would like to add is that you say you have a confidential business that you want to start up. Well many people come to Thailand, and especially Pattaya with new ideas and end up bankrupt.But if you are confident that you have a viable product to sell to the people, then you have to run with it, but you must be 100% sure, 99.999% is no good, that 001% could ruin you.So my advice is if you are confident go for it.As a former business man I wish you good luck in your venture, and as I said if I can help you in any way please pm me. By the way I am not looking for a job. I just don't want to see someone plunge headlong into a business unless they are really sure they have a winning product.

Thank you all for the comments, it's possible a spacious 2 bdrm house may also be suitable for my idea.

Which ever I might decide on would be a rental situation

I also need to learn more about legal issues as this project is related to the 'entertainment' venue

Hi SoCa if your business venture is related to the entertainment industry,I can't figure out what you would do from a private home.But as you say you need to know more about the rules in the entertaiment world, especially in Pattaya because this city is like no where else on earth when it comes to bar owners being scammed by conmen who pretend to be working for the law.And don't think that once you have been scammed you will get any help from the police. So be very careful. If you pm me maybe I can get someone to talk to you about the laws, as I know a few bar owners that may be able to help you. Good Luck.