UK Settlement Visa Online Application And Tb Test

Good afternoon,

Does anybody have any experience with completing the on-line application form, my wife and i hope to get the visa to be able to use in march so we think that applying in December/January would allow is enough time to do this, i know that a date can be stated on the form for the start day of the visa.

I will be in Thailand for Xmas and new year, and we are hoping that we can go to the embassy together to pay the fee and hand in the supporting documents that we have. Does anybody know how far in advance you can book the appointment to go to the embassy when applying on line, is it a case of a few days or weeks?

This would be for the UK visa.

My second question is about the TB testing, how long does this normally take to get the certificate if the testing is all ok. can this be done in one day or is it best to factor 2 days or so, to complete this.

Thanks for the help

Regards

Edited by rushdentillidie

You actually take the supporting documents to the VFS centre at Regent House, not the British Embassy. I'm not sure how far in advance you can book an appointment on line (although they should be able to tell you if you phone the VFS centre) but I know you don't have to book in advance, you can call at the VFS centre and take your place in the queue if you so wish. The fee must be paid by bank draft which can be obtained at the bank on the ground floor at Regent House.

As for the TB test, if the xray is clear the certificate is issued the same day. But if the xray shows a possible problem your wife will have to attend the IOM office early every morning for five days to do a sputum test. The certificate will then be issued after this if the sputum test is clear. On the rare occasions that the sputum test is inconclusive there could possibly be a further delay.

Edited by sumrit

You Must book in advance about two weeks maybe a little more.When you book on line you get an appointment time ie 8 o clock , you can just walk to the front of the Que and state you have an appointment, you don't have to Que.The process takes about 1 hour to interview your lady. The TB Ex ray can be got in about 4 hours. Its fairly easy , If no problem you get the Ex ray the same day at the Hospital , then you just put it in with your visa application. i take it your are applying for a settlement visa ,If it is a general visa(Holiday) you do not need An Ex ray. ps all Settlement visas have to be booked on line now.

Edited by Thongkorn

You Must book in advance about two weeks maybe a little more

From the VAC website; "Apply online.......iii. Attend a visa application centre at your convenience or schedule an appointment on line"

BTW, according to the VAC website it is no longer compulsory to apply online; paper submissions are also accepted now.

I've edited the topic title to include 'UK.'