Your Football Team Shirt

rixalex

Team Shirt  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

replica shirts are a big fat cynical moneymaking exercise and very often worn at matches by people who have a whole raft of insecurities.

Hallajuhla..

So what do you make Dr H of those, over the age of 30, that not only have Relica Shirts on but have the name & number of their favourite Player/Hero on the back too, who generally is 15 Years or more their Junior ?? :):D

they're probably gay but just haven't come around to the fact yet. :D

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

replica shirts are a big fat cynical moneymaking exercise and very often worn at matches by people who have a whole raft of insecurities.

Hallajuhla..

So what do you make Dr H of those, over the age of 30, that not only have Relica Shirts on but have the name & number of their favourite Player/Hero on the back too, who generally is 15 Years or more their Junior ?? :):D

over 30 with the name of their fav player???, had mine customised with my own name on, typical northerner i suppose

Hallajuhla..

He'd probably scoff so hard he'd sh*t himself.

It looks like Roma to me, but what do I know. I am from Canada :)

You didn't have to say you was from N America Jimbo, anyone that would have spotted the humour going completely over your head in what i initially wrote would have realised that you were immediately anyway... :D:D

It looks like Roma to me, but what do I know. I am from Canada :)

You didn't have to say you was from N America Jimbo, anyone that would have spotted the humour going completely over your head in what i initially wrote would have realised that you were immediately anyway... :D:D

Sorry Singer, will admit that Serie Ahhh is not high on my footballing priority list unless I can't get to sleep.

Serie Ahhh is not high on my footballing priority list unless I can't get to sleep

post-58494-1258093278_thumb.jpg

Sorry I cannot stop my mouse :):D

Mate, the style may win world cups but doesn't change the fact that if you did a poll, 9/10 people would rate it 3rd compared to the Prem and La Liga in terms of excitement.

Mate, the style may win world cups but doesn't change the fact that if you did a poll, 9/10 people would rate it 3rd compared to the Prem and La Liga in terms of excitement.

but there's a very sound argument to be made that football isn't about excitement. it's about winning by any means necessary.

but there's a very sound argument to be made that football isn't about excitement. it's about winning by any means necessary.

I honestly can't see that watching overseas football league can inspire excitement. Nothing to really identify with. Ok there might be appetites and aversions like, Barca vs Real Madrid or maybe the 'Old Firm' to an extent (although not strictly overseas admittedly). But mainly, as with La Liga, it's all about appreciation of the football for it's own sake. Much like the 99.9% of the World Cup , European Championship and even the Champions League can be. Although I cannot remember being more thrilled than when Bara beat Chelsea last season. Perhaps it's that the CL is often nearer to home with likes and dislikes given the amount of high profile games that involves Chelsea (bad), Manu (sort of bad), Arsenal (good), Liverpool (sort of good).

Be that as it may, it's different with the Premiership. Although indifferent to much of the what I still call the 1st Division, you can't help having likes and dislikes if you're indigenous to English football. I could list a whole number of teams that I wish no well for , and fewer that I really don't mind at all. The point is that it's those one-off affiliations in any given game that create the excitement and not the football itself.

Not worn one for many a year, I do buy the kids in the family a fake when in LOS, they're due for one this Christmas.

I will not put money (directly- I will not buy a ticket from the club, only from touts) in the gnomes pocket.....!!!!! :)

redrus

The point is that it's those one-off affiliations in any given game that create the excitement and not the football itself.

I suppose you could argue that football isn't about excitement, but if it wasn't exciting why would you spend so much money going to the games in the first place? When I'm watching a game on the telly, that doesn't involve my team, it needs to involve one of the teams I have a specific dislike for, or be a game of very high quality, for me to watch it all the way through.

As HH said these dislikes are ingrained in me from my experiences actually watching and travelling to games in the UK rather than on a screen.

I reckon it's something you either grew up with or didn't. It's a tribal thing.

As for wearing a shirt, in and around the house more than out on the street really. Trip to the beach/pool/waterfall etc. (practical, dries off easily) Did wear the claret an blue in a pub in Bangkok for the Chelsea game end of last season, but mainly to p1ss my mate off cos he's a blue (didn't work they beat us!)

I reckon it's something you either grew up with or didn't. It's a tribal thing

There's obviously a lot of mileage in the tribal affiliation side of being a supporter. But I wonder how much of that is a aspect that was more pronounced after around the 1980's ? I seem to remember it being less about tribalism and more about reflecting the hopes and aspirations of the community surrounding any particular club.

As far as wearing a colours is concerned , I tend to only wear a strip which won't make me stand out in the crowd.

post-20082-1258177616_thumb.jpg

There's obviously a lot of mileage in the tribal affiliation side of being a supporter. But I wonder how much of that is a aspect that was more pronounced after around the 1980's ? I seem to remember it being less about tribalism and more about reflecting the hopes and aspirations of the community surrounding any particular club.

As far as wearing a colours is concerned , I tend to only wear a strip which won't make me stand out in the crowd.

post-20082-1258177616_thumb.jpg

It's actually the ugly shirts such as this that become worth more in the future for collection, i guess due to the fact that not as many people bought them at the time and so less available for collection.

For example here are a couple of ugly United shirts, which are worth more than more attractive shirts of the same time period:

newtonheathyellowgreen.jpg

manchester-united-shirt-761258733.jpg

The blue one is never never never ugly.............. That is thee best and a modern classic , from the Arsenal 2-6 demolition.. I wore mine in Rotterdam for the Cup Winners Cup Final, absolute classic.

redrus

The blue one is never never never ugly.............. That is thee best and a modern classic , from the Arsenal 2-6 demolition.. I wore mine in Rotterdam for the Cup Winners Cup Final, absolute classic.

redrus

Was that the Lee Sharpe Game ??

redrus

Was that the Lee Sharpe Game ??

Yes sir.... :)

redrus

I've gone off you Red. I thought you was man of style and taste. Those shirts are hideous, there is no other word for them. :)

I've gone off you Red. I thought you was man of style and taste. Those shirts are hideous, there is no other word for them. :D

Hahaha, and here's me thinking you'd be in favour of a red liking a blue shirt.... :)

redrus

I've gone off you Red. I thought you was man of style and taste. Those shirts are hideous, there is no other word for them. :D

Hahaha, and here's me thinking you'd be in favour of a red liking a blue shirt.... :)

Not looking like that one though :D

Not looking like that one though :D

Best you're gonna get out of me though mate.

That has to have some of the best memories for me, that was like the start of it all, when we came good again and it is that shirt that sticks out most from a great great era.

redrus

I have 2 original Sheffield United shirts,,,,,well you try getting a copy Sheff U shirt in Thailand. For some reason there seems to be no market for them. :D

Cant understand why.

I wear the latest shirt everyweek and puzzles most people here in Thailand to the club, well ok people in Korat at least.

Mostly ends up with a mention about Sheff Wed :) ,,,,not from me however. I go silent at that point.

I occasionally wear the new England shirt when i go out (No, it doesn't have a number or a name on the back!). I think its very nice and really doesn't look like a footie shirt, IMO.

I am proud of the shirt and generally people are friendly when they see it is England and want to chat about the footie. All good!

I occasionally wear the new England shirt when i go out (No, it doesn't have a number or a name on the back!). I think its very nice and really doesn't look like a footie shirt, IMO.

I am proud of the shirt and generally people are friendly when they see it is England and want to chat about the footie. All good!

Wouldn't mind getting one of those myself. Did you pick it up in Bangkok?

whatever mate

everyone, particularly in the footie forum, knows that when a MOD posts their personal views then its all fair game, same rules apply to everyone

but if you want to insist on being childish about it, suit yourself :D

(if I were to use my MOD power randomly, then all the non Arsenal fans or shall I say in particular the ManU fans on this section of the forum would be banned by now :) )

Lol,you think i'm worried about a mod?i was being sarcastic not childish <deleted>. I wont bother replying to anything you say in the future cuz u obviously havent got a sense of humour.Must be because of arsenals lack of silverware :) Ps.I'm not your mate.

Edited by Dpolenz