Aircard (edge Usb Stick) Does Not Find Sim Card

Walkabout

Hi

I got an Infinity Aircard (from the Chinese manufacturer Sunplus) from DTAC and it works fine on the laptops of my wife and daughter, both with Windows XP. When I installed it first on my computer with Vista Home Premium, it worked until I disconnected it for the first time. When I tried to reconnected later on, the software indicated that it does not find a SIM card. Uninstalling, reinstalling, going back to a previous restore point (in Vista) does not help while the Aircard continue to work well on both XP machines. During the several attempts to reinstall the software, I can see a red window appearing in a flash to short to read what is written on it. The install log shows several lines with failed EstonInstED.exe processes.

Could someone help? Thanks>

It could be a software problem.

We bought a Huawei dongle with DTAC sim a while back. It would only work with XP. Vista wouldn’t recognize it.

A quick trip to DTAC at Siam Paragon and they installed Vista software for the Huawei for free and haven’t had problems since.

It could be a software problem.

We bought a Huawei dongle with DTAC sim a while back. It would only work with XP. Vista wouldn't recognize it.

A quick trip to DTAC at Siam Paragon and they installed Vista software for the Huawei for free and haven't had problems since.

DTAC Nakon Nayok could help. I guess I shall have to wait until my next trip to Bangkok. Thanks.

I had that problem too with a USB-stick I did bring from another country in Asia. the Stick wouldn't recognize any SIMcard.

manufactured in China, it seems that it's just lousy quality and it is just a loose contact.

I then just remove it or move it a little in and out, back and forth, and then finally after a while it does recognize the stick.