Transfer Stamps To New Passport..... Where?

Any immigration office can do for you. They will transfer your permission to stay/extension of stay/re-entry permit stamps (as appropriate) to your new passport. A visa cannot be transferred as is not issued by Thai immigration. If applicable, you would need to travel using both passports until your visa expires.

Believe immigration office for your area, if you are on an extension of stay.

Some immigration offices want to see a letter from your embassy stating you have a new passport. Some embassies don't give a letter.

Ok.. Here is more information. I am an American. I am still on the original 90 day stamp of a non B visa. I hope this makes it possible to get a more exact answer.

thanks

Edited by ThaiRich

Any immigration office can do for you. They will transfer your permission to stay/extension of stay/re-entry permit stamps (as appropriate) to your new passport. A visa cannot be transferred as is not issued by Thai immigration. If applicable, you would need to travel using both passports until your visa expires.

So, even tho the 1st passport has been cancelled and is not a valid travel document the visa's inside the cancelled passport remain valid. I'm not trying to be argumentative, I am just making sure I completely understand.

thanks

Edited by thaiphoon
blank lines removed

So, even tho the 1st passport has been cancelled and is not a valid travel document the visa's inside the cancelled passport remain valid. I'm not trying to be argumentative, I am just making sure I completely understand.

thanks

Yes, your visa remains valid even if it is in an expired/cancelled passport. A visa is nothing more than a permission to travel for a specified time period. A permission to stay is granted when immigration stamps your passport on arrival.

I just did this with a US passport last week... If you are prepared with all the photocopies and the letter the US Embassy gave you when you got the new passport, this should be a painless 30 minute exercise.

Enjoy....

CS

How can I get from the US Embassy to the Government building. I don't have my own car. BTS, taxi,?????

You will need current visa/entry stamps from old passport and data pages (at least) and data pages from new passport and arrival card (there is a copy shop in same building as Immigration if you want to use them). You will fill out a short form at Immigration (no charge) with entry information and such.

I would take a taxi as it is a long distance from any sky/subway service so not need to make it complex - perhaps 150-200 baht fare and there is an expressway that can be used from town. Building is quite nice and has places to eat (immigration closed for lunch). Last report says many taxi now available - if not take shuttle bus to main road.

You will need current visa/entry stamps from old passport and data pages (at least) and data pages from new passport and arrival card (there is a copy shop in same building as Immigration if you want to use them). You will fill out a short form at Immigration (no charge) with entry information and such.

I would take a taxi as it is a long distance from any sky/subway service so not need to make it complex - perhaps 150-200 baht fare and there is an expressway that can be used from town. Building is quite nice and has places to eat (immigration closed for lunch). Last report says many taxi now available - if not take shuttle bus to main road.

Taxi no, problem.