Boring Old Thailand?

The Vulcan

I started to take up Yoga again and learn how to laugh about me stupid fella,

feeling 24 with 57and going strong!

If you think that most of the time of your life you waste with sleeping, shower, toilet, eating.... there is no time left to be bored!

Kan before I kan answer ur question, I must let you know I was onto you with the way you did this photo, however, Im not having a chop at ya because it looks great & being a rookie myself Im just tryin to learn.

Now as for the is boring old thailand, boring.......I'd say, with old hacks like you around the place, how could anyone ever think this place was boring :)

Kan before I kan answer ur question, I must let you know I was onto you with the way you did this photo, however, Im not having a chop at ya because it looks great & being a rookie myself Im just tryin to learn.

Now as for the is boring old thailand, boring.......I'd say, with old hacks like you around the place, how could anyone ever think this place was boring :D

Just take one photo and trun it into a ......true HDR like I did "Pseudo (tone mapped)" it is easy, well to me it is. :D

Please take time out and play around like I do :)

Yours truly,

Kan Win :D

P.S. 'Oi what is with this then

I'd say, with old hacks like you around the place

:D

I think you have to understand why it is you want to take photos. I am interested in, among other things, taking an image that can be manipulated in terms of the impression it makes on the viewer, with the aim of creating something that, if enlarged to the size that you'd see in an art gallery, would catch your eye.

Here, for instance, is a photo of a section of a tiki torch I made for the back yard. It started out as a plain color snap. Whether or not you like it is somewhat beside the point (although certainly we usually take photos to be impressive to others) since I like it.

post-94381-1258814461_thumb.jpg

There are plenty of things to experiment with here in Southeast Asia.

This one I'm not over the moon about, but it's also something along these same lines...I guess for me the idea is, hopefully, that when someone looks at what I've done, they pause and think, "Hmmm...that's interesting/different."

post-94381-1258815598_thumb.jpg

P.S. 'Oi what is with this then
I'd say, with old hacks like you around the place

:)

No disrespected intended :D:D:D

PS: Have been playin around heaps with the Camera & let me tell you that D300s is one champion of a Camera. Wanna find myself a wide angle lense tho & a couple of other things like a remote etc & im jack tired of bouncing around bangkok speaking to the sharks in the shops :D

This must be to provoke members.

A talented photographer should be able to get great photos no matter where. :)

I dunno about the talented photographer bit but you're bang on about provoking the members - it was getting a bit quiet around here at the time! :D :D

Landscape wise it's a joke - green, green and more green, and a bit of brown dust........

I do not agree with you.

In my first few years in LOS I had to go back to the UK for a few weeks.

A family friend commented about how colourful the UK garden looks in the spring.

By comparison with the colours of the flame trees in April/May or the verdant

colour of young rice in the paddies, it was nothing.............

Perhaps you need to look with a new eye?

• 2 weeks later...
I'd not say it was a boring country to photograph, far from it. I would say that it's a country where it's all too easy to run into cliched photos, something which I've still yet to fully conquer.

2642081672_7d2537503e.jpg

2985901083_5c9e63105a.jpg

2514097831_9f8082f03f.jpg

Nice photos AndyM.....where in the land of smiles did you take them?

The third pic is nice.....non of the photos have any data..what kind of

camera did you use......they all look professional :)

• 1 month later...
Nice photos AndyM.....where in the land of smiles did you take them?

The third pic is nice.....non of the photos have any data..what kind of

camera did you use......they all look professional :)

Hi Poolook,

Apologies for my delayed reply - I don't check back here too often.

These were taken on Ko Panyi, and in Lampang too. The camera used is a Canon 1Ds Mark III, and the lens used for the monk photo (my brother-in-law :D) is a Canon 24-70L.

I'm currently back in Thailand shooting only with a little Panasonic GF1, and a 20mm f1.7 Pancake lens:

4269030959_e94f04a126.jpg

4273548471_4dd246ce1c.jpg

4287748803_5a582de358.jpg

4293910253_204fa681f1.jpg

4294892655_9cdb7d0503.jpg

(Taken in Pai, Chiang Mai, Lampang and Krungthep)

• 3 weeks later...
I'm almost embarrassed to show my offerings after the last photos but these, I believe, are a classic example of why you should never be without your camera in Thailand.

Very Very nice photos 'sceadugenga'.

Looks like you go the hang of it then.

Sawadee :)

And well, Vulcan, any other country in the world where waitresses have an orchid in their hairs and 100 baht notes on their dress? :):D

4290675772_2d1bae909f.jpg

No show 'eurasianthai' :D in Boring Old Thailand :D

Sawadee :D

I'm almost embarrassed to show my offerings after the last photos but these, I believe, are a classic example of why you should never be without your camera in Thailand.

Very Very nice photos 'sceadugenga'.

Looks like you go the hang of it then.

Sawadee :)

Thanks Win, I'm still not sure what they were doing, diving for something that had been thrown in the river perhaps.

I just happened to be at Khun Korn Nam Tok National Park near Chiang Rai showing a visitor around and came across the group of young monks, apparently with Mums and Dads in tow, so I asked permission and started snapping.

Very unusual I thought.

Thanks Win, I'm still not sure what they were doing, diving for something that had been thrown in the river perhaps.

I just happened to be at Khun Korn Nam Tok National Park near Chiang Rai showing a visitor around and came across the group of young monks, apparently with Mums and Dads in tow, so I asked permission and started snapping.

Very unusual I thought.

Not really as Tom Jones is coming to Thailand

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Tom-Jones-Co...ok-t330873.html

so "it's not unusual":D

Back to your post, the young monks are there only for a splash and dash as they are only in monk-hood to please their Mums and Dads, perhaps for a week or two, may be more :D

Great photos 'sceadugenga' :) nothing boring about Old Thailand is it. :D

Sawadee :D