Cheap Pcs

endure

That's just fine if you can live with the overall size and feel of the keyboard and screen. I'd go for it. If you can add another 1 Gb of memory (total 2Gb) then do that, it won't add much to the price.

Then you can do two things:

1. Stay legal and get them to install Ubuntu Netbook Remix (specifically for small screens / 'Netbook' type compters)

2. Ask them to load Windows 7. (Or buy Windows 7, even)

The machine for sale in Central doesn't have a screen included in the price so you choose one to suit. It has to be pointed out that it's only got an Intel Atom cpu so it's basically a desktop version of a netbook. Still pretty good for light work.

You can get a higher spec second-hand full set (keyboard, mouse, monitor) at Icon Square for about the same price as that e-Machine. From the front entrance, the shop I'd recommend is in the back right-hand corner by the snack stand. They'll also service it for you free of charge, as long as you didn't do something like drop it off your balcony or run a screwdriver across the motherboard with power applied.

I think I'm allowed to post this here - if not, someone please correct me - but I have a new laptop I'm trying to get rid of.

It's an Acer Aspire One ZG5 Netbook, pre-installed with Windows XP and Microsoft Word 2007. I bought it refurbished at CompUSA in Miami for $230 just about 5 months ago for my girlfriend for a project she was working on. She ended up having to upgrade to something bigger for graphics editing, and I was going to sell it when we got back to the States (if we ever get back to the States), but I reckon I could also sell it here and save some space.

I've attached two pictures below so you can see the model. He's a tiny little guy, just under 10 inches wide, built specifically for surfing and word processing; as such, no CD/DVD drive, but it does have one USB port, a card reader, ethernet port, and a serial port. 1.60GHz, 1 Gb of RAM, 120 Gig hard drive. Quick and clean, so small it can fit in a lady's handbag.

Anyway, if anyone's interested, drop me a line.

post-94673-1258951800_thumb.jpg

Edited by Fitzy