Friday The 13th Today!

thaigerd

slowish day here, arrived at work round 8am and made a coffee, done some work related stuff until 12pm then sat down for an hour to eat the pizza that had arrived, afternoon involved some more work related activities, just finished a second cup of coffee and am heading home shortly.

I woke up at the usual time, around 04:30 in Thailand or 05:30 here in Perth, and seeing the travel agents here don't open 'til 09:00, and I'd been told that I could buy a ticket to Thailand at the airport, got in the car at 06:30 (Perth time) and headed out to the airport around 40km away in the hope of obtaining that one last economy seat at the discount price of around $40 less than the remaining half dozen on the flight I wanted.

Got there and made it to the counter, and no flights scheduled so I got to walk straight up to buy my ticket. Passport in one hand and wallet ready in the other, we went through all the rigmarole with some new staffmember still being trained on the computer, and the manageress telling her things like "Now press space. Okay, press T, and then enter..." etc. etc. and finally it's all looking good, although that last cheapo seat was sold out so might just have well as stayed in bed all morning, and then the manageress told the newbie to ask me for the money.

"May I have a printed itinery so that I can take it to the embassy next week, please?" I asked.

"Oh, we don't have a printer," she replied.

"No office upstairs maybe? I can go up there and get it printed if you like?" I suggested.

"No." she lied.

"Okay, I guess I'd better leave it then." I finished off and drove the way home just in time to make it to the travel agent down the road from my place at 08:55 and they DID have a printer.

Black Friday could have been worse, but that was the funniest bad luck I can look back and laugh at now that the day is almost over. I won't mention the airline but think of the spawn of famous marsupials and you might guess it.

Edited by SeanMoran

yes an UNLUCKY DAY......

TRUE internet giving no or almost no access to foreign websites FOR several hours already. means, sitting in front of the Comp for 2-3 hrs. longer than usual, no SANOOK :)

Not just True, CAT also - suspect a gateway repair/upgrade issue, who knows!

my friday the 13th .

NOT a good day in chiang mai

first off i had one of my regular massage girls organised to come here at 2 pm

so i thought ill call ##### to see if she wants to come as well ? .. two girls more fun : )

phoned her .... cannot im with a " friend " in bangkok .... ooh dear back to square one .

nahhh .... eleven oclock the first girl phones me .... have problem cant come ! .... #ugger

after breakfast i went to see a friend in the park , the friend is ok happy and healthy so i walked to the front entrance thinking about what am i going to do next

i was almost at the entrance when theres a screech of tyres a light thud and a cat comes tearing in the entrance spins round a few times , has a bit of a fit and drops dead in front of me

now this is sad coz i know this cat but even worse is i know its owner ! .... and shes sitting 100 yards away ,

so i checked to see if the cat was dead ? ... it was .... no pulse no breathing tongue hanging ... and then i had to go and tell the owner .

how ? .... not easy coz i speak no thai and she doesnt speak a word of english but luckily for me she was on the phone so i asked a friend of hers in sign language to come with me please, the friend ( who knows me ) seemed to understand something was wrong and came with me

i didnt think the friend would throw a wobbly on seeing the cat but you should have heard the wails from the friend .

she then ran for the owner and by the time they got back i had two lots of wailing and tears and me nearly as well and a crowd of onlookers

i had no idea what she would want to do with the cat and i couldnt ask her so i asked a vendor by the gate who had seen all this going on for a yai ( big ) bag to put the cat in .

the tears and wailing were still going on and i really didnt know what to do so i carefully put the cat in the bag because i didnt know if one of the thais stood around watching all this going on would resent a farang getting involved ? in a thai problem

but nobody tried to help me or stop me !

the owner gave me a sort of thank you hug , took the bag and they both walked away still in tears !

i went for a much needed cup of tea.

not a good day at all .... RIP Puss .... dave2

ps .. the cat was done last year so there are no orphaned kittens to worry about.