Bangkok Guarantees The Safety During Songkran

george

Bangkok guarantees the safety of Songkran travellers

BANGKOK: -- Bangkok’s municipal authorities and the metropolitan police have launched a programme to prevent crime and road accidents in the city during the Thai New Year festival.

The programme is designed to guarantee the safety of both Bangkok residents’ lives and their assets during the Songkran festival when hundreds of thousands of the capital’s residents leave Bangkok, the city’s governor Apirak Kosayothin, said at the official launch of the programme.

The programme will run until 18 April.

Random checks will be carried out on drivers travelling in and out of the city. Any one found to have an alcohol-blood level over the legal limit will face hefty fines or jail-terms, the governor said.

The Bangkok authorities want to reduce road deaths by 15% compared to last year. This would mean no more than 26 casualties and 2,411 injuries.

The metropolitan police have set up four service booths to deal with complaints and questions from local residents and travellers.

A programme “leave your houses under police’s care” has already started. Bangkok residents who plan to leave the city during the holiday period can call the nearest police station to register their names and houses in the programme.

--TNA 2005-04-08

The word 'guarantee' signifies something to me. Something legal, subordinate only to indemnification.

I.e If I have an accident in songkran - I get reimbursed

Is this a real 'guarantee', or just another dumb Press Release?

Oh, its from TNA....its a Press Release.

The Bangkok authorities want to reduce road deaths by 15% compared to last year. This would mean no more than 26 casualties and 2,411 injuries.

Their Math stinks too - they always get their arithmetic wrong -

George, why use TNA, they're rubbish at reporting. Whenever there's an farang-arrested story, they're rushing to put it up.

(2hrs after last earthquake - nothing on their website, I was checking)

Edited by The_Moog

The word 'guarantee' signifies something to me. Something legal, subordinate only to indemnification.

I.e If I have an accident in songkran - I get reimbursed

Is this a real 'guarantee', or just another dumb Press Release?

Oh, its from TNA....its a Press Release.

any deaths will just be post-dated

Exactly! I heard "I guarantee" so often, and no meanings at all. Now,it comes to new level - guarantee of safety, not something I order and it will work, but life to be secure. What do they mean? Nothing, absolutely nothing. Just big words of assurance without real mean.

Bangkok guarantees the safety of Songkran travellers 

BANGKOK: -- 

A programme “leave your houses under police’s care” has already started. Bangkok residents who plan to leave the city during the holiday period can call the nearest police station to register their names and houses in the programme.

--TNA 2005-04-08

:D

Wonderful program :o . The police "cared" so much in Phuket they stole tsunami relief money in their own station.