Sisters Bag Snatched In Bangkok

spacemand

My sister came to visit me in Bangkok and stayed 4 days after I went home, on her last night she walked back to the hotel which were down a small street she walked on the wrong side of the street since the other side were blocked by cars so she had her bag on the wrong shoulder facing the street and didn't think about it since she always carry it to the inside. A motobike drove by and the passenger grabbed her bag with her phone, 2 CCs and money she just withdrew for her spa day she would have on the last day waiting for her midnight flight.

She got back to the hotel and they did everything to assist her in getting her CCs blocked and one of the receptionists came with her to the police station and translated for her. The next day she had to check out at noon and had planned to have a full spa day until leaving for the airport but couldn't afford it because she lost her CCs and money luckily she had a little Hongkok Dollars so she had money for food and a taxi for the airport.

With only little money and not much to do she just hang around the lobby at the hotel and after an hour or so the manager approached her and asked her when her flight were, knowing what had happened the previous night and when she told him it weren't until midnight he said she didn't had to wait around in the lobby and he of cause would get her a room, so he got her a room for free until she had to leave for the airport.

It were a terrifying experience for her but the help and the kindness of the hotel staff did that in the end she left Bangkok with a positive impression of Thailand and when she tells the story now its not so much that her bag got stolen but the tremendous help she got from the hotel.

Don't know if its OK I post the link but I think they need a thumbs up.

We stayed at Furama Exclusive Sathorn hotel were good, staff great and I would stay there again.

It's good to hear the hotel was helpful. Unfortunately I'll never experience that hospitality. The cheapest room there is 7,700 baht. I choke at anything above 1,600 baht.

My sister got a special through hotels.com for 1500 baht per night. My wife and I got for 2200 baht per night through some other website since the special on hotels.com were over when I were booking. When we got to the hotel they didn't any more deluxe rooms and upgraded us to a Premier room :)

I would never pay 7K for a room if I had to pay myself plenty of really good hotels for 1500-2500 when booking online most will be prepaid and are non-refundable but thats a risk I am willing to take. I stayed at their Sukhumvit hotel before so I knew they were OK but the Sathorn hotel is better.

It's good to hear the hotel was helpful. Unfortunately I'll never experience that hospitality. The cheapest room there is 7,700 baht. I choke at anything above 1,600 baht.

I was outraged to arrive in BKK and find that my regular hotel in Saphan Kwai has raised its prices from 550bt to 600bt :)

I've just looked at their site and rooms are discounted to 1794 Baht+

• 4 weeks later...