True Unlimited

aqua4

Well,

It was to good to be TRUE. Unlimited, does mean LIMITED. I have had True for almost 8 months and this is the first time that I get told, there is over usage. :D

What next? :o

Date 8 April 2005

Dear Members,

Subject: Overdue Payment (Excess Usage Charge/Monthly Fee)

We, True Internet Co., Ltd., wish to express our gratitude for you to entrust us with the internet service. While we continually strive to improve our service quality to our valued customers, Records have shown that you have an overdue payment (excess usage charge/monthly fee). amount 1262.6baht. Please pay this account promptly. If payment is not received shortly, we will have no alternative but to temporarily disconnect your account.

If you have already made a payment before receiving this letter, please accept our apology and ignore this letter. For further information or any inquiry, Please contact our Call Center at Tel: 02-900-9898 Monday to Sunday all 24 Hr.

Your prompt attention to this matter would be highly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Customer Service

วันที่ 8 เมษายน 2548

เรียน ท่านสมาชิก

เรื่อง ขอให้ชำระค่าบริการ

บริษัท ทรู อินเทอร์เน็ต จำกัด ขอขอบพระคุณท่านสมาชิกที่ให้เกียรติเลือกใช้บริการเชื่อมโยงเครือข่ายอินเทอร์เน็ตของบริษัทฯ ในโอกาสนี้ขอเรียนให้ท่านทราบว่าจากการตรวจสอบรายงานทางบัญชีของท่านสมาชิก ปรากฏว่าท่านมียอดค้างชำระค่าบริการอินเตอร์เน็ต เป็นจำนวนเงิน 1262.6บาท

บริษัทฯ ใคร่ขอความกรุณาท่านสมาชิกโปรดดำเนินการชำระค่าบริการดังกล่าว โดยท่านสามารถชำระค่าบริการ ณ สำนักงานบริการโทรศัพท์ทรูทุกสาขา หรือสอบถามรายละเอียดเพิ่มเติม ได้ที่ ฝ่ายบริการลูกค้า โทรศัพท์ 02-900-9898 โทรสาร 02-699-4831 ทุกวัน ตลอด 24 ชม. บริษัทขอสงวนสิทธิ์ในการระงับการให้บริการอินเตอร์เน็ตเป็นการชั่วคราว หากยังมิได้รับชำระค่าบริการดังกล่าวจากท่าน ทั้งนี้โดยมิต้องแจ้งล่วงหน้า

ในกรณีที่ท่านสมาชิกได้ชำระค่าบริการดังกล่าวเป็นที่เรียบร้อยแล้วทางบริษัทฯใคร่ขออภัยมา ณ โอกาสนี้

ขอแสดงความนับถือ

ฝ่ายบริการลูกค้า บริษัท ทรู อินเทอร์เน็ต จำกัด

what is stragne here? their accounts show you have not paid the monthly charge that's all. Their accounts system is pretty feeble, and the mistake is likely on their side if you have paid it. I have a friend been using true for 8 months, and not yet received a bill. Go down and see them.

The people at True are Thais, and so their English shouldn't be taken at face value. The important word here is "excess usage charge/monthly fee", which means that it's either one, and is probably the monthly fee, which you either have not paid or their system has not yet registered (before the message was sent). The amount also looks about right for a montly fee.

The Thai version of the message merely says that it's an "internet fee".

Aqua4, I was reading at your post and I immediately had the same thought Firefoxx expressed in his reply. What you received from TRUE may have been some kind of generic letter: they just use the same letter to claim either excess usage charges or overdue monthly fees from their customers. Alternatively, I do not know if TRUE used to have usage based plans in the past for their broadand service (I have not been in Bangkok for long enough), but, if they did, it is possible that this is the letter that they used to use, and they simply have not updated it. In any way, you may just call them to have the matter clarified.