Bangkok Bording Kennel For Dog

My wife, my daughter and I will be going away over the christmas period... we have a much loved dog, and whilst I'd be happy to take her with us, my wife keeps coming up with reasons why this will be awkward... Does anyone know of any good bording kennels in Bangkok?

I figure that they will get booked up over christmas fairly rapidly... so the sooner I can check this out the better.

Murg

A lot of animal hospitals and clinics will provide this service but I would advise against it. The dogs are usually caged all the time and just taken out for a few minutes at a time to do their business, if they are lucky. I also saw a dog training centre in Bangkok once, where the dogs were also caged up most of the time. This is very stressful for dogs and I would only do it if they have to be admited by a vet for health reasons. They also risk picking up diseases in kennels. Take the dogs with you, if you can, or have some one you really trust stay in your house to look after them (one of my maids ended her career with me after I came back from a trip a day early and found she had p*ssed off somewhere, leaving my dogs in their night time kennel with no food or water and soiled, hot and stressed out. She almost didn't touch the ground on her way out. Since then I have been careful to employ only dog lovers and let the dogs sniff their approval before hiring them.

kennels in the city suffer from luck of space, the most is a cement backyard. Some dogs raised in flats will tolerate cage and those conditions, but dogs raised in a house with a garden and daily walks/runs will suffer.

my brother in law is in bangkok and does take care of my 2 dogs when I am abroad, and frequently takes good care of my guest pets. He is retired and home all the time, playing with pets and taking them for walks along canals. If anybody needs help anytime, even for one or two nights, he really appreciates any additional income to his petite pension.