Five Wounded In Bomb Attack During Yellow Shirt Rally

webfact

Interesting that there has been much speculation over the bomb and a sprinkling of the red concert things but there has to my knowledge been no analysis of what was said at the PAD rally or at the way it was slanted. Both were very interesting as were comments that attendees were not all natural PAD supporters. The date of the next PAD rally is also of interest.

Do we need a new thread or do we use this one for such comments?

Weren't the organizers of the Sanam Luang rally very clear that this was not a PAD rally?

Was it or wasn't it?

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clipped for brevity

Matichon had it at 20K or so. I don't think the numbers matter that much.......

.........I think I know him; he's definitely an active Red Shirt supporter. I won't post his name though, that'd be against forum rules. (Also won't give it in PM)

I agree numbers dont mean much. Only mentioned it as yesterday a few were saying 100K plus.

Funnily enough I think I know who he is too although in my case it is not I know him but know who he is if I am right. Similarly wont mention names. We are anonymous on here (I hope!) and others should stay so unless they choose to name themselves or are public figures.

Edited to add: I also though dont think it is a good idea to get involved in Thai politics. That is for the Thai people imho.

Edited by hammered

Edited to add: I also though dont think it is a good idea to get involved in Thai politics. That is for the Thai people imho.

Agreed. Especially as it applies to the day-to-day of Abhisit vs Thaksin vs Sonthi vs ....

I do have some opinions that go beyond that though, but it's not something most people in the Yellow or Red camps seem to have time for.

(No wait, there are some; but most in either the Red or Yellow camps are just obsessed with Thaksin and not much else.)

Interesting that there has been much speculation over the bomb and a sprinkling of the red concert things but there has to my knowledge been no analysis of what was said at the PAD rally or at the way it was slanted. Both were very interesting as were comments that attendees were not all natural PAD supporters. The date of the next PAD rally is also of interest.

Do we need a new thread or do we use this one for such comments?

Weren't the organizers of the Sanam Luang rally very clear that this was not a PAD rally?

Was it or wasn't it?

The organisers have called it a rally of no colour and called for people to rally around certain common things.

The media have termed it a PAD or yellow rally.

PAD opponents call it a PAD rally.

I dont think it is clear in general terms as media affects opinion more than the rally organisers. However, it is an interesting tactic to see the PAD who organised it try to open themselves again. In recent months they have become quite marginalised with their drift to extremism and with the Democrats being in government. Now are they trying to reverse this or is it a genuine call for new alliances? I suspect the former although in the current multi-faction morass anything is possible in terms of new alliances and changes of sides.

Khao Yai is a good location as it's not far from Pattaya as well as Issan, I saw a Pattaya sign in one of the photos. The singers will be told by their boss, were they Grammy owned by Thaksin's friend, Paiboon?, to appear.

Channel 7 said the traffic jam was 15 km long. A nice trip, all expenses paid with a free concert.

Nobody has tried to blow up a red shirt rally yet. It's pretty obvious which side the thugs are on and/or hired by.

No, it isn't. It isn't at all. And there are far more than two sides in this.

Case in point: Sonthi's assassination attempt, and the 'blue shirts' appearing in Pattaya last April.

But when restricting yourself to Yellow and Red: Both sides really aren't short of nutcases.

Agreed. Especially as it applies to the day-to-day of Abhisit vs Thaksin vs Sonthi vs ....

I do have some opinions that go beyond that though, but it's not something most people in the Yellow or Red camps seem to have time for.

(No wait, there are some; but most in either the Red or Yellow camps are just obsessed with Thaksin and not much else.)

If you take Thaksin away and analyse things I think it is very easy to see. However, in reality this isnt going to happen in the short to medium term. I agree about the obsession but we are talking about things on a theoretical level unfortunately.

Michael Connors produces some intersting but occasional stuff that looks at issues in a way that wouldnt exactly please either proponents of red or yellow.

Anyone else think this might be faked or if real, done by factions in the yellows themselves to justify retaliatory action, escalation, emergency laws, etc.

How could I know that you and the other usuals would be posting this exact thing? *sigh*

How about you all wait until investigation gives any clues.

And I love the conspiracy-rants from the posters about it being impossible to reach the stage when it never said the bomb was close to it. Nor have they been there and seen the area and understood how easy it is to move about in the outer regions of the open space unhindered.

Khao Yai is a good location as it's not far from Pattaya as well as Issan, I saw a Pattaya sign in one of the photos.

I also saw a Trang sign. How far is it from Trang? :)

(Also, I once drove from Khao Yai to Pattaya, and it's really quite far and hard to get there. The easiest route is actually past Bangkok IMHO)

post-64232-1258345195_thumb.png

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

I have reviewed all the Posts on this thread. I disagree with most of them, but I love to read 'em anyway. Here is my two-bits worth:

>No, it was not a rock concert at Khao Yai. There were no bands. Just a social gathering with friends of the UDD. Limited speechifying, and music mostly consisting of amateur stuff, Karaoke, etc. This movement has evolved a lot of affinity music with great emotive effect. They just enjoyed their socializing in the countryside with tents, etc.

>About this 'bomb thing'. It reminded me of those mysterious bombs that used to go off in the very centre of previous, heavily fortified PAD gatherings. Given a friend or foe scenario, how could a foe ever penetrate such an environment. It is too bad people get hurt just for the sake of 'drama'.

>Only those who are pre-disposed to demonize the UDD would immediately seize upon such an event, to further their agenda. They dont need confirmation or any sort of investigation.

>The many of you who stress that "you are neither red or yellow", dont do yourself any favors. Anyone sincerely wanting to distinguish between these two political forces could do so, and draw up opinions and conclusions...and not be afraid to defend them.

>Using this board to malign a fellow Farang for being interested enough to attend UDD events, and has the power-of-his-convictions, including support of democratic traditions, is not appreciated. I am not him, but know of him. He is also an avowed Buddhist. Don't make trouble for your fellow Farang, even when you disagree with him. Let's be supportive of each other.

>When it comes to this PAD with its' militia tendencies (ie. its heavily fortified perimeters at their previous events) A poster yesterday on this board mentioned the word "Fascist'. I believe that is far too strong, but when you analyze a dictionary definition of that term, some interesting insights occur.

>The Govt. suggesting that alarm is spread through the entire population about this Thailand/Cambodia thing, is just wishful thinking. It is generally known that most insecure leaders will try to create external enemies and internal crisis in order to bolster their precipitous standing.

Awright, I wont bore you with any more of this drivel.

Edited by Lunar

Meanwhile, Deputy Prime Minister Suthep Thaugsuban yesterday said the Thai-Cambodian situation was not a cause for concern regarding safety of Thai expatriates there. He also vowed that the Thai citizen charged with spying and held in a Phnom Penh prison would receive due justice as guaranteed by international law.

"If necessary, the government stands ready to provide confirmation that the flight plan is not classified information and that the flight in question was known before the arrest of the Thai air-traffic controller," he said.

Khun Suthep, I fear for your sanity. There isn't much due justjice available in Thailand so how are you going to persuade the Cambodians to act in a proper and just manner? I think that neither Thailand not Cambodia give a toss about international law at this moment.

The Cambodian Government will decide whether the flight plan is classified as confidential or not. The 'offence' took place there. How you, or anybody else classifies information is not relevant.

I have reviewed all the Posts on this thread. I disagree with most of them, but I love to read 'em anyway. Here is my two-bits worth:

>No, it was not a rock concert at Khao Yai. There were no bands. Just a social gathering with friends of the UDD. Limited speechifying, and music mostly consisting of amateur stuff, Karaoke, etc. This movement has evolved a lot of affinity music with great emotive effect. They just enjoyed their socializing in the countryside with tents, etc.

>About this 'bomb thing'. It reminded me of those mysterious bombs that used to go off in the very centre of previous, heavily fortified PAD gatherings. Given a friend or foe scenario, how could a foe ever penetrate such an environment. It is too bad people get hurt just for the sake of 'drama'.

>Only those who are pre-disposed to demonize the UDD would immediately seize upon such an event, to further their agenda. They dont need confirmation or any sort of investigation.

>The many of you who stress that "you are neither red or yellow", dont do yourself any favors. Anyone sincerely wanting to distinguish between these two political forces could do so, and draw up opinions and conclusions...and not be afraid to defend them.

>Using this board to malign a fellow Farang for being interested enough to attend UDD events, and has the power-of-his-convictions, including support of democratic traditions, is not appreciated. I am not him, but know of him. He is also an avowed Buddhist. Don't make trouble for your fellow Farang, even when you disagree with him. Let's be supportive of each other.

>When it comes to this PAD with its' militia tendencies (ie. its heavily fortified perimeters at their previous events) A poster yesterday on this board mentioned the word "Fascist'. I believe that is far too strong, but when you analyze a dictionary definition of that term, some interesting insights occur.

>The Govt. suggesting that alarm is spread through the entire population about this Thailand/Cambodia thing, is just wishful thinking. It is generally known that most insecure leaders will try to create external enemies and internal crisis in order to bolster their precipitous standing.

Awright, I wont bore you with any more of this drivel.

">About this 'bomb thing'. It reminded me of those mysterious bombs that used to go off in the very centre of previous, heavily fortified PAD gatherings. Given a friend or foe scenario, how could a foe ever penetrate such an environment. It is too bad people get hurt just for the sake of 'drama'."

the other bombs were M79 grenades which can be shoot from a rifle like thing and fly pretty far. At least in one case a PAD guard almost got them and got hurt by a machete. He lost a lot blood but survived in a Bangkok hospital. He was the brother of a friend of my wife in Nakhon Si Thammerat. Again" This grenades don't need to be carried inside, they can be fired from far away. The holes on the top of some tends are documented.

That crazy army guy (forgot the name Si Deng or something like that) told before that he will bombing PAD, but it could not be proofed that he was it.

there suppose to be 900 cops guarding the area as well as the same of the plain cloth ones.

anybody throwing a bomb in such condition would be stopped, chased or shot - why it did not chappen?

Maybe because it is a setup???????

And maybe its not,none of us know do we.

Edited by Dpolenz

You don't need to go far with the TV audience to find people who at the least are indirectly linked to victims of attacks on the PAD.

Speaking of people not doing themselves favours, accusations that the PAD leaders would sabotage their own fellowship in order to increase it are frankly ridiculous.

You don't need to go far with the TV audience to find people who at the least are indirectly linked to victims of attacks on the PAD.

Speaking of people not doing themselves favours, accusations that the PAD leaders would sabotage their own fellowship in order to increase it are frankly ridiculous.

I think your view is quite widely held among many of the "yellow" supporters. Amongst many of the neutral however, your unceasing belief in the integrity of the PAD leaders is seen as "starry-eyed" and "naive". On this forum, there is plenty of room for all to express their opinion.

I think your view is quite widely held among many of the "yellow" supporters. Amongst many of the neutral however, your unceasing belief in the integrity of the PAD leaders is seen as "starry-eyed" and "naive". On this forum, there is plenty of room for all to express their opinion.

This forum is one of the best places for a multitude of views and quick replies.

I wouldnt think many people would hold the intergrity of anyone involved in politics very high;)

Having said that Sondhi does have a certain talent at the game. Thaksin too, more so imho. Thaksin is more of the mass cult type politician and Sondhi more of the small cult but totally driven poltician. And now both have become martyrs in their own odd way.

I agree. You do not really know, Insight. Thailand is not a country where you can get the facts easily.

This forum is one of the best places for a multitude of views and quick replies.

I wouldnt think many people would hold the intergrity of anyone involved in politics very high;)

Having said that Sondhi does have a certain talent at the game. Thaksin too, more so imho. Thaksin is more of the mass cult type politician and Sondhi more of the small cult but totally driven poltician. And now both have become martyrs in their own odd way.

Taksin and Sondhi are martyrs. Have I missed some important breaking news?

Legends in there own minds.

maybe I should have picked better wording;) referring to sondhi's bullet proof head and Thaksin's court cases/coup etc etc. Oh well next time

Yeah, bit strange how a friend would invite his family, other friends and his staff (present and former), not to mention himself, to an event where he knows they would come under attack.

Never mind. Good luck with the rest of the disinformation campaign.