Visa Run To Ranong

Don't know where in Chaweng, i did it one time i booked in Lamai.

You'll get picked up early, Around 5:00 in the morning with a minibus, you'll take the boat, then rac to the border at incredible speeds. At the immigration ofice you' get your departure stamp, go with a boat to Burma, get your entry and departure stamp for Burma, kosts are 300 baht. Then bak to Thai immigration to get you entry stamp and then race back and an even higher than incredible speed back to don sak to get the boat back to samui. You'll be back where you started around 17:00.

Cost for the service 1500 baht, 300 baht or Burma visa, total 1800 baht.

Next time i will do it myself, taking normal transportation like bus and train or maybe hire a car. That will take a lot longer but it will be a lot safer.

This visarun was fast, convenient. But the drivers of the minivans have absolutely no safety for their passengers in mind. They drive so fast that sometimes you can feel the car slide in the corners. Insane.

Don't know where in Chaweng, i did it one time i booked in Lamai.

You'll get picked up early, Around 5:00 in the morning with a minibus, you'll take the boat, then rac to the border at incredible speeds. At the immigration ofice you' get your departure stamp, go with a boat to Burma, get your entry and departure stamp for Burma, kosts are 300 baht. Then bak to Thai immigration to get you entry stamp and then race back and an even higher than incredible speed back to don sak to get the boat back to samui. You'll be back where you started around 17:00.

Cost for the service 1500 baht, 300 baht or Burma visa, total 1800 baht.

Next time i will do it myself, taking normal transportation like bus and train or maybe hire a car. That will take a lot longer but it will be a lot safer.

This visarun was fast, convenient. But the drivers of the minivans have absolutely no safety for their passengers in mind. They drive so fast that sometimes you can feel the car slide in the corners. Insane.

Thanks Kuhn Jean just what I needed to know

My experience was not quite the same, though not that different.

The company that I use are well run. You have little to do for yourself.

They picked me up at around 5am and they aim to catch the 6pm boat to Samui.

I'm surprised that Khun Jean claims that you'll be back where you started at 5pm. That would entail catching a 3.00pm boat from Surat Thani. Little chance of that methinks.

The cost; 1200 baht plus US$5.

Travel agents add their cut, of course.