Doi Tao Lake

KhunDave

Planning an afternoon of raucus karaoke on a boat. I see from a thread last April that the lake was pretty much dry then. I know we've had the rains now, but does anyone know if the lake has returned to something like normal level? Be a shame to drive all that way and find a dustbowl...

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun Dave,

an afternoon of raucus karaoke on a boat

I and I find the idea of Taoist raucous karaoke on a boat wonderful, and we think it would be even more magical if the boat were just sitting in a dried-up lake : the imaginary water could, then, be filled with many wondrous hallucinatory creatures some of which could join in with the singing, like a chorus, and others could be doing synchronized swimming to the beat.

Have you considered an empty swimming pool as an alternative ?

best, ~o:37;

p.s. We are really curious to know what type of sound system you will take "to sea" with.

Edited by orang37

Buenas Tardes Khun Orang37

Quite magical imagery, but rather beyond the ken of a simple fellow such as myself. Puts me in mind of the Aral Sea.

The sound system comes as a package with the boat itself. Capable of quite ear-splitting levels of decibel generation in the traditional Thai fashion, but the boat owners thoughtfully position the offshore mooring points a decent distance apart. Hence competing rackets from your neighbours are easily drowned out.