British Woman Raped In Thailand After Two Men Dragged Her Off The Street

george

Pattaya = CPC - Cess Pit City: Oh sorry, make that Cess Pit City on Sea).  The worst possible kind of Thais and farangs mixed together in an open sewer - lovely.  Well long may they stay there because at least they are not spoiling anywhere else in Thailand.

Public execution - off with their heads or better yet their nuts, followed by their heads.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wouldn't be surprised if this was a drug deal gone horribly wrong. Unless as suggested a weapon was involved.How could this happen next to a cop shop if some sort of consent was not involved. That said the bastards will find 15 years in the BkK Hilton fun. Hopefully the girls they were pimping can get out of this all right as well. Anone who rapes anyone in Pattaya needs a serious smack in the head.

I’m not surprised in the least by this news report, Pattaya by world standards is not and has not been a safe place for a very long time now. The press may play this up for a few days but nothing will really happen, and the two Thais involved will get a very light penalty in the end.

It seems that Pattaya is a magnet for all the low lifes and losers of the world, both Thai and foreign. But you will never see change until the system is changed from the core, and that will not happen. The powers to be in Pattaya seem to be able to accept these types of things as long as they are limited in numbers.

Remember the two Russian tourist girls rob and shot on the beach a few years ago, lots of press and outrage but nothing really has changed, the same thing will happen here.

I think most people are reading that differently to the way I read it - which was as a response to a suggestion that it happened because it was Pataya - it happened becasue bad things happen everywhere, not just in Pataya - I didnt see anything in the statement that trivialised the crime - I think some peope post responses here without actually reading and thinking about what they are responding to. Maybe the term shit happens means different things to different people - but to me it just meant dont single out Pattya as the only place it happens ....... Lastly I dont think anyone in the UK would place too much reliability on anything published in the Daily Mail which is a middle class sensationllist rag - wait for the trial thats when the evidence will be put forward - it doesnt seem to have been reported by the BBC as yet?

It is outrageous that none of the local media have even bothered to report this since Saturday. Can I ask Howard why Pattaya One News hasn't carried this story and why he thinks none of the other news organisations in Pattaya (or Thailand) have.

These were pattaya One's news headlines today:

•Two young men shot in gang-related incident in Soi Neun Plub Wan.

•Woman caught stealing motorbike on Jomtien Beach.

•Pattaya Yellow Shirts travel to Bangkok for anti-Thaksin Rally.

•6th Annual Cross Bay Swim declared a success.

Is there some embargo on serious news coverage here when a grave crime has be committed against a foreigner? I am also thinking of the lack of news coverage recently when a prominent bar owner died under extremely suspicious circumstances and there was a news blackout as well.

Pattaya a haven of filth and criminals , Tourists should beware . Parts of that place have its own smell that turn stomachs over. Good on the Daily Mail to highlight something that local media often try to hide, bad publicity.

pattaya i think its the most dangerous place in thailand manny think happen at night times scarried place to go

Pattaya a haven of filth and criminals , Tourists should beware . Parts of that place have its own smell that turn stomachs over. Good on the Daily Mail to highlight something that local media often try to hide, bad publicity.

well

shit happens no matter where you live

its not just Pattaya

True enough, but in this case it WAS Pattaya...happening elsewhere doesn't make it more acceptable...

Totally agree. Rape is not just 'shit'. The person who wrote that post is a jacka@@ If it happened to his/her mother, sister, wife or daughter I'm sure 'it' will change a different tone in 'it's' post.

oh god must i teach you ENGLISH

post "Pattaya a haven of filth and criminals" the sentenced referred to Pattaya - thus implying that Pattaya is full of filth and crimminals. THIS IS NOT THE CASE. 1000's of people / families live and work here.

My comment as it followed this comment was regarding that "filth and crimminal" happens / are all around the World and so the generalization of the posters comment is wrong. It was just shooting from the hip and making a stupid comment about Pattaya or being a Pattaya basher.

Rape is rape and against the Law in many parts of the World. Thankfully Pattaya Police have captured these men and in due course the Law will be followed.

Lets hope you go back to school and brush up on your English - also learn the rules of the forum - ie moron and as we call your type of dirt bag 'aehia!!'.

personally slagging of other members is a no no

Your post is totally unecessary - but hey you'll come back with some more nonsense!!! :)

Can somebody explain in more detail what the "cockroaches" do for money? Is this common in Thailand? Are they just allowing their wife/girlfriend to work in a bar or is it more like a pimp where they take a cut from many women? What exactly are they doing for the money?

Never heard of something like this in Thailand, unless it's just the girlfriend thing.

What exactly are they "doing" for the money? They're raping and torturing the Thai prostitute

and her kids. They kidnap the kids beat her up handcuff her,threaten her etc. If she's your thai lady

they try to do it as near to your room as posible so maybe you'll hear a little bit of it through the walls

Sometimes they are female bull dikes. Sometimes they are other people such as POLICE OFFICERS!

Didn't you wonder why those female bull dikes are so rude to you when you walk into the girlie bars?

Your trying to steal their lady. Those nut dikes are twice the man you are in their minds and

have to prove it every day. It's a wonderous development of their personalities that stems from their

stay in the local hotel California. What else didn't you know has been going on with the ape human race for 10's

of thousands of years?

I think most people are reading that differently to the way I read it - which was as a response to a suggestion that it happened because it was Pataya - it happened becasue bad things happen everywhere, not just in Pataya - I didnt see anything in the statement that trivialised the crime - I think some peope post responses here without actually reading and thinking about what they are responding to. Maybe the term shit happens means different things to different people - but to me it just meant dont single out Pattya as the only place it happens ....... Lastly I dont think anyone in the UK would place too much reliability on anything published in the Daily Mail which is a middle class sensationllist rag - wait for the trial thats when the evidence will be put forward - it doesnt seem to have been reported by the BBC as yet?

ditto

Can somebody explain in more detail what the "cockroaches" do for money? Is this common in Thailand? Are they just allowing their wife/girlfriend to work in a bar or is it more like a pimp where they take a cut from many women?
Yes, it's just Thai slang for 'pimp'. There is a bug called 'maeng daa" -- it's the really big oval-shaped you see for sale at the fried insect stalls -- but it's certainly not a cockroach ('maeng saap'). The usual translation is 'giant water bug'.

A sad story indeed, all the more disturbing as it seems to be yet another in the increasing trend of violent crime against foreigners in Pattaya. The expression 'maeng daa' refers to the Thai boyfriend of a bar-girl/prostitute, who lives off her earnings. It is a large black water beetle that when it moves nest the male will climb on the back of the female to hitch a ride. Lets also not forget the the two men apprehended are not necessarily guilty of this particular crime. I hope the lady makes a good and rapid recovery.

You have to beware of the Pattaya Beach day and night, the beach are split up in parts from soi 1 and down to the Waking Street.There are gangs with youths who are criminals who run the different parts.They robbing and stealing from farangs,tourists. So always be careful.I been living in Pattaya for 13years and I've never been robbed or attacked .But I've been treatned by motorbiketaxi drivers ,but they are very quiet after my police friend put his '45cal in their face.

Pattaya is a shit-hole. The only positive thing about living there, are the BigC, Foodland and other shops. For the locals, you're just some piece of cattle. Luckily I did choose to live my 9 years here in a non-tourist part of Thailand.

Still, I'm on my way back to my home country. I'm 43 and still have some power left to build a new life at where I was born. Just managed to sell my house here. Feels really good to get back home again and live a civilized life. I'm tired of the heat, tired of the mentality, tired of the stupidity, tired of 0-IQ women who don't know what real love is, tired of not being able to have an intellectual conversation, tired of not being able to have rights status and being a part of the society no matter have long I've been here, tired of...

My empathy goes to the poor British woman who probably had one of her worst day in her life.

Edited by xenomorph

I have not been to Pattaya for several years because it has gone so far down hill so fast. Pattaya has always been seedy, but it used to be a kind of fun "sailors on leave" seedy, now it is a dangerous "mobsters will kill you" seedy. Thanks alot to the proliferation of former soviet block Prostitutes and Criminals.

I am just thinking out loud here, but I wonder if this lady was mistaken for a Russian and raped as a retaliation or something like that? You just don't see this behavior elsewhere in Thailand.

Pattaya Hard Rock used to be my favorite hotel in Thailand. I loved chilling out and watching the fun go by at the pool. Last time I was there in 2005 I was the only English speaker in the entire hotel. I had my life threatened by an eastern European because I sat in his favorite cabana, I watched a nice gentleman slap the snot out of his girlfriend in the lobby, and I had a drunk puking in the hall outside my room one night. That was the last time I went to Pattaya. Now I spend my Dollars on Samed.

Yes hundreds of good expats live in Pattaya, but I fear they moved in when the neighborhood was different. Many of the worst slums in US cities were, at one time or another, nice neighborhoods. I think anyone who lives in Pattaya and defends it is delusional. The place has turned into a cesspool.

I wonder if those cockroaches were so well know, why were they out in the first place? They must have gotten in trouble before... What happened? Did they bribe their way out? Did they not get prosecuted because police were not taking their job seriously?

To clean up the country, clean up the police force first and things will get better.

This is terrible news. This is the reason I NEVER go out alone in Pattaya, not even in Daylight.

I hope the poor Lady recovers from her terrible ordeal, and I hope the Guilty Parties get there just deserts through the Court system.

Unfortunately "pattaya_girl", probably not :)

Death sentence... that'll send a message.

Death doesn't scare crooks, work does. Life sentence / Hard labor for this kind of crime would be the best... there are so many roads to be repaired in Thailand. The don't deserve even the air they breath!

So sad news.

Just wondering why the news is on Daily Mail and not on local press.

Maybe just happens some days ago.

"Why the Daily Mail and not on local press"

Not good for tourism you know :)

And what difference would it make were it a few days ago, this morning or last week

I would think it would do more harm for tourism to have this reported in source markets than in a local English paper read primarily by people living here.

It has changed over the last 4 years, yes. Some of the changes are good, and sadly some are not.

Is it just coincidence that during this period the eastern europeans have grown in numbers and influence? The Pattaya property market has been benefiting from the eastern european invaders for some time now, and so have the local stores.....but whenever the Russians and their roubles are involved in something there is always a down side - a price to pay. Pattaya appears to be the new Crimea for these people. Girls of ny nationality should be wary.

Can somebody explain in more detail what the "cockroaches" do for money? Is this common in Thailand? Are they just allowing their wife/girlfriend to work in a bar or is it more like a pimp where they take a cut from many women? What exactly are they doing for the money?

Never heard of something like this in Thailand, unless it's just the girlfriend thing.

There are many varieties, but one is the girlfriend thing. They pick up some young girl, preferably a newcomer or one who doesn't know too much about what's going on, keep her as a girlfriend and let her work in a restaurant, bar, nightclub etc. When she gets pregnant, and most of them do sooner or later, he dumps her, finds another one... and so on.

I don't think that's what the article was referring to. I asked my girlfriend about the term and she said it's the guys who stand on the road saying " you want lady, you want lady" - the sex touts basically. Though I'm sure there is some overlap, she said they also often have sex with the girls they are selling.

Edited by DegenFarang

well

shit happens no matter where you live

its not just Pattaya

True story, If your alone after hours in a party area, any where on this planet, stink can happen, a hard way to learn, could have been much worse

Poor lady! I hope she recovers and can get on with her life. As far as the cockroaches...well, I can't say on this forum what I'd like to be seen done to them.

For the posters blaming the woman...get a life and grow up!!!!! :)

These two pieces of filthy scum ought to be shot at dawn, literally! I hope for the sake of this young girl that these two parasites haven't made her pregnant or have aids.

My thoughts go out to this young lady and her family. What must they think of Thailand? 'The land of smiles'

Edited by Pitbullman1

So sad news.

Just wondering why the news is on Daily Mail and not on local press.

Maybe just happens some days ago.

The local press are encuraged not to print news that could potentially damage tourism or that puts thais inm a bad light.

compared to drug offences, sentences for rape are fairly light.